Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post
    For sure.

Keep in mind that we are dealing with the MSP and the MSA. These people actually pushed hard to add a clause to require OC'ers to carry ID and to present it on demand. They have no understanding of the 4th and 5th Amendment and I don't think they care to either.
    This is exactly why law enforcement shouldn't have their fingers in legislation. They are to enforce laws not write then.

I am a Forum User
    I would add something sarcastic but nothing can justify or even make fun of the STUPID gun laws in Michigan.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post
    Removing 234d is a non starter at this time and it's easy to overcome, getting a license to carry from any state will exempt you from it.
    Except Michigan does not recognize non-resident licenses from other states and even if they did, you still have to contend with the 1,000 feet from a school Federal law if you don't have a Michigan CPL.

Now is the time to contact the Senate. My fear is that this will get assigned to the local government committee or somewhere else to die. We need to rattle Meekhof's chain and find out if he is willing to support the gun owners.

Arlan Meekhof's number.
    (517) 373-6920

Ask what his intentions are with this legislation.
    Last edited by luckless; 06-11-2017 at 09:24 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I just received very positive words of support from Senator Colbeck. He seems like someone we can count on if the bills come out of committee.

I am a Forum User
    Legislature website updated :

6/13/2017 Expected in SJ 57 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by dclark77l View Post
    Legislature website updated :

6/13/2017 Expected in SJ 57 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS
    That might not be a good thing....

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    That might not be a good thing....
    It might not be too bad. One of the co-sponsors (Tom Barrett) sits on that committee.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    It might not be too bad. One of the co-sponsors (Tom Barrett) sits on that committee.
    It is in the Senate Committee on Government Operations. I think Barret is a Representative.

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    It is in the Senate Committee on Government Operations. I think Barret is a Representative.
    Yep, my bad. It was a long day at the range.

If it helps any, every Senator in the Senate Committee on Government Operations voted in favor of SB 245 (switchblades) except Hood.

But then again, the chair, Meekhof is the Majority Leader. If Ricky wants to bury something, he would be the guy to go to.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast