Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG….Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<
Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: SB 293 Penalty for access of firearm by minor

  1. #1

    SB 293 Penalty for access of firearm by minor

    SB 0293 of 2017
    Crimes; weapons; penalties for storing or leaving a firearm where it may be accessed by a minor; provide for. Amends sec. 223 of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.223) & adds sec. 223a.
    Last Action: 3/30/2017 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY
    Mike"Tallbear"Thiede

    Own it Respect it Secure it


  2. #2
    MGO Member Roundballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I/C "Gateway to the Thumb" Lapeer County
    Posts
    17,031
    Here we go.

    The Senators from the Metro areas officially wish to make ignorance/stupidity a crime!


    Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

  3. #3
    I am a Forum User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Livingston Co.
    Posts
    15,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    SB 0293 of 2017
    Crimes; weapons; penalties for storing or leaving a firearm where it may be accessed by a minor; provide for. Amends sec. 223 of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.223) & adds sec. 223a.
    Last Action: 3/30/2017 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY
    Wasn't that already shot down by a Fed Judge as unconstitutional?

  4. #4
    MGO Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Shooting distance from "8 mile"
    Posts
    6,535
    oh gee, how nice. it's still "legal" for a kid to get the gun and use it in self defense...
    but that would imply the kid has access at other times, which is illegal.

    sink this bill
    "Sec. 2. All persons who are commonly known as “Greasers” or the issue of Spanish and Indian blood, ... who go armed and are not known to be peaceable and quiet persons, and who can give no good account of themselves, may be disarmed by any lawful officer, and punished..." - Disarming of "Greasers", An Act to punish Vagrants, Vagabonds, and Dangerous and Suspicious Persons” California, passed April 30, 1855.

  5. #5
    I am a Forum User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Livingston Co.
    Posts
    15,792
    What about children that have access to automobiles?
    How about parents that allow kids in vehicles?

  6. #6
    No more laws

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Hey I got an idea. We should outlaw stupid and unconstitutional legislators.

    Last edited by counterpoint; 04-03-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    NRA Life Member | GOA Life Member

    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

  8. #8
    MGO Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    1,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Here we go.

    The Senators from the Metro areas officially wish to make ignorance/stupidity a crime!
    It's unfortunate, but it's ignorance/stupidity, that motivate law makers to make more laws.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    oh gee, how nice. it's still "legal" for a kid to get the gun and use it in self defense...
    but that would imply the kid has access at other times, which is illegal.

    sink this bill
    How can they have access to a gun when they need it if it has to be locked up at all other times. Many examples of kids using guns to defend themselves here.

    This bill needs to die in committee.

    KIDS KILL HOME INVADERS (COMPILATION 2016)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DsE2_L18lQ

  10. #10
    MGO Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Shooting distance from "8 mile"
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 acp View Post
    How can they have access to a gun when they need it if it has to be locked up at all other times. Many examples of kids using guns to defend themselves here.

    This bill needs to die in committee.

    KIDS KILL HOME INVADERS (COMPILATION 2016)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DsE2_L18lQ
    you missed my point. The law makes an "exception" for self defense. But if the kid can get it in an emergency, that implies the kid can get it at ANY time...
    which is what the bill is trying to make illegal.
    the bill contradicts itself.
    "Sec. 2. All persons who are commonly known as “Greasers” or the issue of Spanish and Indian blood, ... who go armed and are not known to be peaceable and quiet persons, and who can give no good account of themselves, may be disarmed by any lawful officer, and punished..." - Disarming of "Greasers", An Act to punish Vagrants, Vagabonds, and Dangerous and Suspicious Persons” California, passed April 30, 1855.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
only search Michigan Gun Owners Forums
MGO's Facebook MGO's Twitter