Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Gorsuch and Other Supreme Court Justices to Consider Gun Case That Could Expand 2nd Amendment

Gorsuch and Other Supreme Court Justices to Consider Gun Case That Could Expand 2nd Amendment

By Michelle Gormon
    Newsweek
    April 15th. 2017

The U.S. Supreme Court, including the newly confirmed conservative Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch, will soon conference to hear arguments in a gun-rights case from California that has the potential to expand the Second Amendment.

In Peruta v. California, the justices would decide whether the Second Amendment entitles law-abiding citizens to carry handguns outside of the home for self-defense, including concealed carry when open carry is prohibited by state law. Edward Peruta and other gun owners who were denied concealed-carry permits by the San Diego County sheriff appealed the case to the Supreme Court in January, The San Diego Tribune reported earlier this year.

California has some of the strongest gun laws of all 50 states. Regarding concealed carry, every state and Washington, D.C., allows it in some form.

MGO Member
    Between this and the assault weapons ban in Maryland, we could see some nice wins, if things go as hoped.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I'd prefer major gun cases wait until we get at least one more conservative on the court. I'm not convinced Justice Kennedy will rule in our favor this time around.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    The American obsession with guns is obscene! My ex-husband had guns for protection
    and hunting (which I am against), and when ourI house was burglarized, they took the gun and shot a hole in the wall. They were never found, nor was the gun. So much for protection!

Quote Originally Posted by john21wall View Post
    The American obsession with guns is obscene! My ex-husband had guns for protection
    and hunting (which I am against), and when ourI house was burglarized, they took the gun and shot a hole in the wall. They were never found, nor was the gun. So much for protection!
    I'll bet he's happy to be the "ex"-husband.

Quote Originally Posted by john21wall View Post
    You say your ex-husband had guns but they only took one? Was the one they took not properly secured and laying around loaded? Sounds like a careless gun owner to me, darling.
    Last edited by Imshootin; 04-20-2017 at 07:24 AM.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

Has the liberal left finally infiltrated this forum. I can't say I'm surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imshootin View Post
    You say your ex-husband had guns but they only took one? Was the one they took not properly secured and laying around loaded? Sounds like a careless gun owner to me, darling.
    Is secured if it was in the house. Your post is almost as troll as the Bloomberg stooge's.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    Is secured if it was in the house. Your post is almost as troll as the Bloomberg stooge's.
    Not at all. Any gun not on my person goes in a safe, especially one that's loaded. Little grandkids show up at my house unexpected frequently, kind of like little burglars.
    He, she or it that I replied to sounded to me like a typical trolling liberal that blames the gun. Being he, she or it just joined the forum to post that, their first and only post, should be telling.
    You do what you want. Me, I keep my stuff locked up unless I'm carrying it.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imshootin View Post
    Not at all. Any gun not on my person goes in a safe, especially one that's loaded. Little grandkids show up at my house unexpected frequently, kind of like little burglars.
    He, she or it that I replied to sounded to me like a typical trolling liberal that blames the gun. Being he, she or it just joined the forum to post that, their first and only post, should be telling.
    You do what you want. Me, I keep my stuff locked up unless I'm carrying it.
    If you think your safe is secure while you aren't around, you haven't seen a determined criminal yet. Also, like I said that poster is a Bloomberg troll. I mean what else would someone from New York do here in the front page news about Gorsuch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast