Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp View Post
    Seems to me all this false reporting would fall under 750.411a?
    That's what a LOT of people were commenting about in the FB thread. Now that the police have been at their home and hopefully explained about bogus 911 calls, maybe the calls will stop.

I am a Forum User
    http://https://flic.kr/p/TzLQvU

They are still calling.....almost daily.

MGO Member Forum User
    Depending on where you're at there's other areas to shoot that are more quiet. I usually go to Petersburg State Game area and target shoot there and I've never seen anyone there. There's a few fields there you can shoot in. State Wildlife Areas are also open for target shooting. If you live in Monroe or southern Wayne County I'd recommend Petersburg SGA. There's a couple large fields to shoot in, you just have to be aware of which direction the houses are in proportion to you if you're using high powered rifles.

The only issue with Petersburg and most other SGAs is you have no backstop so you either need to put your target lower so you're shooting towards the ground or put it up high if you're shooting prone so the bullet goes into the air or up into some trees. Only issue I've encountered there at all was because my vehicle was parked on the side of the road on the grass. There's no "No Parking" signs, but the locals will complain. I know because I was in the middle of a target shooting session when I noticed a police officer pull up behind my car. He asked me if I could move my vehicle to one of the designated parking areas because the locals were calling and complaining. He said it's technically allowed, but it saves them from a headache. So I obliged and moved it. But that's the only thing I'd be weary of there.

If you find a SGA or Wildlife area by you that you'd like to shoot at I always give DNR a call beforehand just to make sure it's OK to target shoot there.

We had the police called on us today out at the pit around 11 am. They called to report "full auto fire". The Deputy shows up and she asked who was shooting full auto.....nobody. So she asks who is shooting rapid fire. Pretty much everyone but I knew she was talking about me so I raised my hand.

I went back to talk to her and she tells me she received a complaint about full auto fire. I told her we don't have a full auto and it wouldn't matter if we did because it's not illegal.

She was waiting on a call from the DNR to see if full auto was legal out there. I asked if we were good to continue and she says yes so we continued.
    She never returned.

So after decades of shooting full auto out there, what got the cops called on us?
    A couple of AR-15's with binary triggers.

I am a Forum User

Next time ask her if she has ever heard of Ron Kalanquin. (Former Sheriff) He used to shoot full auto there all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    Next time ask her if she has ever heard of Ron Kalanquin. (Former Sheriff) He used to shoot full auto there all the time.
    And there is this
    [YOUTUBE]Lg9j88jSVNI[/YOUTUBE]

I am a Forum User
    That's what full auto sounds like.

I am a Forum User
    That's what full auto sounds like.
    No, it's what a girlie's gun sounds like...

This is full auto with a proper, full auto, gat...

Tell me you want that piddly little Glock over that all powerful General Purpose Machine Gun...

Fired by a member of British Airborne Forces I might add...

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AM1958 View Post
    No, it's what a girlie's gun sounds like...

This is full auto with a proper, full auto, gat...

Tell me you want that piddly little Glock over that all powerful General Purpose Machine Gun...

Fired by a member of British Airborne Forces I might add...

Sorry that little sissy gun isn't quite that good.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast