Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 4851, 4852, 4853 and 4854 Modify Requirements for CPL & Eliminates No Concealed Carry Zones for CPL Holders

HB 4851 of 2017
    Criminal procedure; sentencing guidelines; reference in sentencing guidelines; update. Amends sec. 11b, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.11b). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4854'17
    Last Action: 8/16/2017 bill electronically reproduced 07/12/2017

HB 4852 of 2017
    Weapons; concealed; natural resources and environmental protection act; update references. Amends sec. 43510 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.43510). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4854'17

HB 4853 of 2017
    Crimes; weapons; prohibition on carrying a concealed pistol; eliminate. Amends secs. 227 & 230 of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.227 & 750.230); & repeals sec. 231a of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.231a). TIE BAR WITH: HB 4854'17

HB 4854 of 2017
    Weapons; concealed; concealed pistol license for individuals to carry concealed pistols in pistol-free zones; require. Amends secs. 5a, 5b, 5c, 5f, 5o, 12, 12a & 15 of 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.425a et seq.).
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Actually, it looks pretty good.

Unfortunately, it is a sole Rep introducing these bills with no other support.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I was under the impression that three reps that was behind the bill when it was first introduced, could be the media didn't state facts accurate again I guess.

Just click the links in PT's OP. You will see that the only name on any of them is Beau LaFave.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    I was under the impression that three reps that was behind the bill when it was first introduced, could be the media didn't state facts accurate again I guess.
    There are a few different concealed carry reform bills that are currently being looked at. This one only has one sponsor. There is another that has 3 or 4 sponsors, and is more likely to move forward. Neither one has a good chance of getting past Rino Ricky though.

Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    There are a few different concealed carry reform bills that are currently being looked at. This one only has one sponsor. There is another that has 3 or 4 sponsors, and is more likely to move forward. Neither one has a good chance of getting past Rino Ricky though.
    I hate how the politicians are for things when they want your vote BUT once in office it's to hell with the people and only their agenda and the money's importance.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    When do these go up for approval. Politics are not my thing, but I just recently heard about this.