Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 04JRB View Post
    Not necessarily. I bought an 11-87 there that was not functioning correctly (would not cycle next round, effectively making it a single shot gun). I was told that I was SOL, and I ended up taking it to williams to send back to Remington. This was 3 days after purchase.
    Was it new or used? All used guns come with a 10 day warranty where they'll repair, replace, or refund at their discretion. It says so at the bottom of that yellow receipt they give you.

I just got a Detonics there that was screwed up, had a broke extractor and hammer follow. Took it back the next day and they gave me the option of either letting them send it to Williams, or getting a refund. It was pretty painless.

I am a Forum User
    FIXED! picked up gun from local gunsmith. Someone had removed the release and installed it magazine release up side down. He said there was no way it rotated or turned on its own. Someone has to manually remove it and turn it upside down. And reinstall it. cost $35.

Quote Originally Posted by opr1945 View Post
    FIXED! picked up gun from local gunsmith. Someone had removed the release and installed it magazine release up side down. He said there was no way it rotated or turned on its own. Someone has to manually remove it and turn it upside down. And reinstall it. cost $35.
    Nice.

Who was the local gunsmith?
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Andy of
    Andy & Damon Sales llc.
    Firearms Sales/ Gunsmithing/ Hydro-dipping/ Paints
    2327 Winters Dr. Portage MI. 49002
    Phone number (269) 532-1452

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Kefefs View Post
    Was it new or used? All used guns come with a 10 day warranty where they'll repair, replace, or refund at their discretion. It says so at the bottom of that yellow receipt they give you.

I just got a Detonics there that was screwed up, had a broke extractor and hammer follow. Took it back the next day and they gave me the option of either letting them send it to Williams, or getting a refund. It was pretty painless.
    It was new in the box, and the manager told me it had to go to william for warranty work. I have not bought another firearm through them since, I go there way less than I used to actually.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 04JRB View Post
    Yeah, I agree on newer remingtons. They are not made like they used to be. Im in the market for a new precision rifle, and it will not be a Remington 700 this time around.

Thank for the insight on the Stoeger, Im basing my bias toward them on a couple of friends that have them and have been really happy, but they only shoot sporting clays a couple times a year (not exactly high volume shooting or hunting with them). I would love one of the Beretta's or an SX3/SX4, dont know much about the Frianchi though. I can buy one until after the ne PR is purchased though, its going to deplete my funds for sure, lol.

Sorry for the thread hijack!
    The Franchi Affinity is inertia operated just like the Benelli shotguns, barring the M4. Think of it has a featureless Benelli M2... so no Comfortech stock or Crio barrel. They're very good, very reliable shotguns.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by opr1945 View Post
    Andy of
    Andy & Damon Sales llc.
    Firearms Sales/ Gunsmithing/ Hydro-dipping/ Paints
    2327 Winters Dr. Portage MI. 49002
    Phone number (269) 532-1452
    Andy is a nice guy. Especially nice since he charges $15 for his transfers, and he has pretty good hours..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234