Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P 238

Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    Thinking about purchasing a Sig P238

The desert camouflage version.

Fits my hand like a glove.

Any P238 owners? You llike? Dislikes?

Thank you
    Hey Sir,

You are very welcome to meet me at a range near you and run a box or two through mine if you'd like. I can be in your area almost any day (my parents live in Vermontville so I really don't need a reason to be in town.)
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    My ex wife had an negligent discharge and I had to sell it as a result
    Why?
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I would offer up the same with mine Cranky, come to the BoD Meeting this coming Sunday,at Recoil Firearms and you can shoot mine if you like.

Just let me know so I can bring it.
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

I am a Forum User
    I have one and don't care for it much. It has never fed hollow points reliably, it's more complicated than my wife is interested in dealing with, and it's significantly heavier than many similar firearms.

I have a P238, 2 LCPs and a Glock 42. When I carry a .380, I carry my LCP and my wife carries the 42 regularly . The P238 never leaves the safe.

I have had the P238 for quite awhile now. It's well made and I have nothing negative to say about the 238. Great Sights, Great Trigger, reliable and nearly no recoil. I admit that I don't shoot it a great deal but only because I shoot my primary carry piece the most. My wife loves it and claims it as her gun when we go to the range. I don't think we have ever had a feed problem or a fail to fire.

If you are looking for a .380, I would highly recommend the P238.

I live in Livonia and, as others have offered, you are welcome to meet me at a local range and run it through whatever drills you would like.
    If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    My ex wife had an negligent discharge and I had to sell it as a result
    Is that what she called it?
    How much did she miss you by?
    Last edited by Imshootin; 08-22-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

Thinking about purchasing a Sig P238

The desert camouflage version.

Fits my hand like a glove.

Any P238 owners? You llike? Dislikes?

Thank you
    I like mine. Only problem is I also bought the 938 when it came out. The 238 hasn't seen the light of day much since then.
    It's a really nice .380 if you're OK with SA and a safety. I dumped my PPK/S after picking it up.
    Take the guys offers up to shoot theirs. Then you can make your own informed decision if you like it.
    Last edited by Imshootin; 08-23-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User
    hmmmm...............

No negative comments...........

Interesting

hmmmm...............

No negative comments...........

Interesting
    The worst comments seem to be opinions of.... 'meh, not my thing.'
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I am not an owner, I have been looking at a 380 for a year, just cannot decide.

I like it, I just found the safety while new is hard to engage, and I have big hands, I would put a pearce mag/grip extender to get another finger on there.

I am curious if I can get a oversize safety, or also if it loosens up.

My other carry guns are passive safety like my XD, or DA/SA like my 225 and 228.

You have to carry 238 with safety on, hammer back, and there is no grip safety so you do not have the options you do with a 1911.

I liked it has real sights, and I can put some hogue rubber grips on it. That is why I have not jumped on the car, I have sorta sweaty hands and can just shoot a alloy frame sig with hogue or pachmayr grips so much better than a poly sig, mp, glock etc.

I am ready to just stop shooting poly stuff, especially the small ones.
    Look for the Sport12 model, generally available around Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc . That model is relatively inexpensive but come with TruGlo FO front sight and rubber grips standard. I've purchased them for about $460 plus transfer fee, from Kentucky Gun Co and/or Palmetto State Armory. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/691187489
    Last edited by brentb636; 09-03-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: add link

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast