Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Why are AK rifles more than ARs now?

After reading the thread about sub $400 AR's and seeing how low the prices are now, it got me to thinking...

If AK's are so cheap to make, why aren't they dropping in price like AR rifles?

Cheapest I've seen a Century is $500.

Edit, I found another brand (Inter Ord.) for $450

I am a Forum User
    Because America.... and because supply and demand curves in the market place..

I've explained this before and people didn't understand it so I'll try again..

Supply and demand curves dictate that as supply deminishes and demand increases price will rise..

Normally as prices rise suppliers increase supplies to sell at a higher price until the marketplace need is met then prices will drop..

Cost figures no where into the equation, until price falls below cost but as long as it's profitable it will continue to be sold..

I am a Forum User
    quality AK's (don't laugh) are made overseas. The US made AK's are pretty laughable really.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    If AK's are so cheap to make, why aren't they dropping in price like AR rifles?
    One concept only. Russian Sanctions.

If US companies have to manufacture rather than use "parts kits", it gonna cost a lot more.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Banned
    Because idiots are willing to pay more than the crappy AK's are worth.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    quality AK's (don't laugh) are made overseas. The US made AK's are pretty laughable really.
    What is a decent brand/price point AK?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    One concept only. Russian Sanctions.

If US companies have to manufacture rather than use "parts kits", it gonna cost a lot more.
    Thats the main reason.

They were the big supplier.

Things can be under priced, the lowest price ever is no the "real price" you are owed. When people pay 600-1100, the people making them and selling them say, hmmm we have undervalued our product.

Look at a new yugo if you want a good one at a modest price, especially if you do not want to mod the heck out of it. Great deal.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 08-21-2017 at 06:05 PM.

I am a Forum User
    The AR supply has steadily increased as seemingly everyone in the country has started making them, so prices have drastically declined. Meanwhile the AK supply has been hamstringed by sanctions and no American companies knowing how to make one properly, so prices have gone up. It's really just supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    What is a decent brand/price point AK?
    WASR or Serbian PAP. Avoid the American AKs like the Century C39, PSA, and IO.

I am a Forum User
    As everyone has said, supply and demand.

I wouldn't touch a WASR for over $500. I have owned several, and they look and feel like a $300 gun at most. You can get the N-Paps for $500 but they are not chrome lined barrels. And I believe the century monkeys open up the magwells once they are imported so that could be a crapshoot..

I would keep an eye out for a Saiga or Vepr. They can be had for a little more than what WASRs are going for and a much better quality rifle.

I sold all my AKs years ago. I've looked around for another one, but no way in hell I'd pay the prices people are asking. Just not worth it IMO. I'd buy a parts kit gun built with original barrel before I buy a U.S made POS
    Last edited by Logan09; 08-21-2017 at 11:47 AM.

I am a Forum User
    WASR for sure. Uninformed internet hate from when Century was building them from kits and doing them injustice. Now they come in from Romania already built and are awesome. I owned a Yugo OPAP and it was a heavy pig. I wouldn't get an NPAP personally. Look for a WASR or a Polish gun. Converted, if done well, Saiga's are a good option too

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast