Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Sure, it's reliable.

But reliable doesn't matter when you have minute of barn accuracy. You can miss the target with 100% reliability.

AK's belong in the garbage can. ****** third world guns, for ****** third world people.

Attachment 58630
    http://americanshootingjournal.com/a...reliability-2/

The AK-47 is not the most accurate weapon when compared to other assault rifles, such as the M4(AR-15). The accuracy of the AK usually when taken out of the box is steady at 4 inch group. Though over time, changes in its accuracy begin to spread out to 5.8 inch group at 100 yards. This is more than likely due to poor maintenance. When compared to the accuracy of the M4, which can easily hold a 3 inch group at 100 yards.
    6 inches at 100 yards. I've hunted with guns that weren't that accurate and always brought meat home. 6 inches at 100 yards is better than most people can do with a handgun, and many handgunners drop deer at that range.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Chances are you wouldn't be seeing the current AR prices if the political climate in Washington D.C. was not what it is today. I would think that anyone who was manufacturing AR stuff really increased the size of their inventory over the past couple of years because of who was most likely to be sitting in the White House. Since 2009 how many runs had there been on anything associated with guns. Prices were high because of the panic buying that was taking place and money was being made. So now, have all those AR manufacturers been saddled with high inventory numbers and either it sets on the self eating into their bottom line or do they move it and turn it into cash at a price near their bottom line?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post

6 inches at 100 yards. I've hunted with guns that weren't that accurate and always brought meat home. 6 inches at 100 yards is better than most people can do with a handgun, and many handgunners drop deer at that range.
    Seriously? I've hunted with a variety of guns and calibers, none of them particularly expensive or high end, and have never seen that lousy of accuracy. As for AKs, I don't think anyone is saying you can't hunt with them, though for that kind of money, you could certainly get something more accurate.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Seriously? I've hunted with a variety of guns and calibers, none of them particularly expensive or high end, and have never seen that lousy of accuracy. As for AKs, I don't think anyone is saying you can't hunt with them, though for that kind of money, you could certainly get something more accurate.
    I said 6" at 100 yards is better than most people can do with a handgun, not that the handgun was only capable of such accuracy.

The long guns I've hunted with that could barley maintain 6" at 100 yards were old shotguns with smooth bores. I don't think that is terrifyingly horrible for a smooth bore, but it's nothing to write home about.

And, my comment was in reply to midlandshooter's troll comment about all AK's belonging in the trash. The point I was trying to make was that even with it's sub-par accuracy it is more than capable of dropping wild game, or invading marauders, at distances to 100 yards. It was designed as a battlefield rifle, and it serves it's purpose very well.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    if I was going to war in my neighborhood and I had either an ak or an ar the choice wouldn't be easy

I am a Forum User
    Because idiots are willing to pay more than the crappy AK's are worth.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

If you are a cop responding to an active shooter jihad incident, who is going to attract more of your attention, a guy running around with an AK47 or the guy sitting behind the column with an AR-15?

Alot of guys look at these AR's and dont know what to buy, this vs that, do I need this.. What about that etc. The AK, well I guess its just simple and reliable, but in my case my AK is very accurate with just iron sights, no complaints. But I would never pay the crazy prices they are asking now, but as long as joe blow is willing to pay they will continue to price-them accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

If you are a cop responding to an active shooter jihad incident, who is going to attract more of your attention, a guy running around with an AK47 or the guy sitting behind the column with an AR-15?
    But if they pay it, thats what its worth. As long as its a big sample of tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of buyers, thats the price.

I am a Forum User
    Here's a decent question is a wound inflicted from a 7.62x39 more likely to be lethal than 5.56?

Because idiots are willing to pay more than the crappy AK's are worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Flip side of the coin is if sw mp15 and ruger make good not world beater, but good $550 ar15s, what is your opinion of any ar15 that is $900, or $1100, much less $1500, or $1800 ?

I think the same should apply if a good ar15 is $550, why would any ar15 cost more than $750 ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast