Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

American Bar Association Asks States to Adopt Firearm Confiscation Laws

American Bar Association Asks States to Adopt Firearm Confiscation Laws

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    August 21st. 2017

The American Bar Association is pushing state and local governments to adopt firearm confiscation laws similar to those in California.

During their 2017 Annual Meeting, the ABA House of Delegates adopted Resolution 118B, which “urges governments to enact statutes, rules, or regulations authorizing courts to issue gun violence restraining orders, including ex parte orders.”

The ex parte aspect of the resolution means the ABA is pushing confiscation orders that can be issued without any input from the gun owner.

The NRA is steadfast in its opposition to the orders because they violate due process. And according to the NRA-ILA, protection of due process is very important to the ABA, except in the case of firearm confiscation.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    The ABA is a joke. Unlike state bar associations, where membership is mandatory, the ABA is completely voluntary. Consequently, very few attorneys actually belong because they push nonsense like this. I briefly joined when I was in law school, but quit when I saw they supported gun control measures. They will never see a dime from me again.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

MGO Member
    I think we should mandate they pay all court costs for their frivolous lawsuits. If they can advertise like they do they can pay the costs.