Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Maybe the residents of Ottawa County need to call and ask him who he works for, Them or the Governor?
    I sent him a message via his web site.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    "Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Banned
    Hmmm....

Sensing a told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Hmmm....

Sensing a told you so.
    Everyone deserves to be correct at least once in their lifetime.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    "Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jmonarch View Post
    Can you explain, please? I honestly don't know.
    Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Ownership.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walther View Post
    Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Ownership.
    Thanks, but I know what the organization is. Why are they using their money and influence against permitless carry?
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

Thanks, but I know what the organization is. Why are they using their money and influence against permitless carry?
    It sure would be nice if the MCRGO members asked their leadership this question. Maybe they could find out what Meekhof wants to advance our bill. He said he is looking for a deal but the frustrating thing is that we don't know what he wants. His pet project seems to be ending term limits. Maybe he wants the sponsors of this legislation to support his desire to end term limits.

Conservatives get their Constitutional rights in exchange for Meekhof keeping his political career? Maybe he is looking beyond this term and holding out for a good job offer from one interest group or another?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    It sure would be nice if the MCRGO members asked their leadership this question. Maybe they could find out what Meekhof wants to advance our bill. He said he is looking for a deal but the frustrating thing is that we don't know what he wants. His pet project seems to be ending term limits. Maybe he wants the sponsors of this legislation to support his desire to end term limits.

Conservatives get their Constitutional rights in exchange for Meekhof keeping his political career? Maybe he is looking beyond this term and holding out for a good job offer from one interest group or another?
    Apparently MCRGO still has some members. First Ive heard of em in couple years.

Just shows we need to support MGO and MOC w/ 10000 more members.

Not time for permitless, eliminating handgun registration, eliminating gun free zones???

Make the gov say NO..

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    His pet project seems to be ending term limits. Maybe he wants the sponsors of this legislation to support his desire to end term limits.

We wouldn't need term limits if we had a constitutionally and liberty minded populace. In such a case, eliminating term limits wouldn't save Meekhof's career.

Quote Originally Posted by counterpoint View Post
    We wouldn't need term limits if we had a constitutionally and liberty minded populace. In such a case, eliminating term limits wouldn't save Meekhof's career.
    One would think that to be the way it should be. Yet, in 1992 we finally got fed up with the status quo, and added it to the constitution. This was mostly because the residents of the rest of the State had no influence on who was elected by the high density population centers.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

You must not be a responsible gun owner if you don't get government permission to exercise your rights.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast