Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CVA SCOUT

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Why? You don't need more than 4x for a 100yd shot and a lower power range will give you a much greater FOV for picking up deer for those fast, close shots. You don't need to count individual hairs, you just have to have a good aiming point.
    To each their own. For me, 75 yards and out I like to have my scope at 9x. I like to pick that one hair to aim at when I'm taking an animals life. Aim small miss small. I don't take fast shots.

I am a Forum User
    Why? You don't need more than 4x for a 100yd shot and a lower power range will give you a much greater FOV for picking up deer for those fast, close shots. You don't need to count individual hairs, you just have to have a good aiming point.
    To each their own. For me, 75 yards and out I like to have my scope at 9x. I like to pick that one hair to aim at when I'm taking an animals life. Aim small miss small. I don't take fast shots.

I am a Forum User
    I guess you're glad that you don't live out west where 3-400yd shots are possible...Hubble here I come...

Picked up the gun today. These guns are "HEFTY, HEFTY, HEFTY" !!!.

Ordered the Simmons. Will be in Mon. It's less than $60. If I don't like it I can always off it on armslist.

Hope to get it put together so I can go shoot it Tue. Looking for some cheap ammo.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Got the scope mounted. eye relief looks out there, but it seems right so far. Bore sighted it across the yard. Only have about 65'. Was a bit low, but dead on side to side. Not sure what the distance is at Top Gun, but I think I want it set up for 50 yards, or whatever. Can extend it when I get up to the cabin. The 6-9x40 does not seem excessive to me.

I think it looks great. Contrast between the black & stainless is right on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Looks cool but I agree the eye relief looks close enough to bite ya. Might not be an issue with the .44 mag recoil though. Very cool piece man!

I am a Forum User
    Scopes are always personal preference. I have an old weaver 2.5x fixed on my ruger 44 carbine. Sometimes I wish I had 4x or more, but it just looks so right mounted on it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzman104 View Post
    Scopes are always personal preference. I have an old weaver 2.5x fixed on my ruger 44 carbine. Sometimes I wish I had 4x or more, but it just looks so right mounted on it.
    You have the perfect choice IMO.

I am a Forum User
    You have the perfect choice IMO.
    I, bought my scout rifle ss/black .44 at bens in marlette $199, sold out now, but they have ss/camo for $$250.

Looks Good Dog!
    "Tell Me No Lies, I'll ask you No Questions"

NRA Life Member
    MGO Member

NRA RSO

NRA CRSO
    MOC Member

Unless otherwise noted, my posts represent my personal opinion, and are not an official position, opinion, or endorsement by MGO or the MGO BOD.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast