Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Local 45 ACP at a reasonable price?

Ive got a nice new 1911 that's been dying to be shot and it looks like this weekend will be the time. Problem is Ive been a bit financially tied up in a house purchase and sale for the past 6 months and I havent been able to buy any ammo.

So not Im all good with that but there isn't time to go online and get anything. So is there anywhere in SE michigan that has a reasonable price, like under 40 CPR, for 45 ACP? This is basically a break in run for the 1911 so I'm looking for something other than WWB since it has a reputation for being a bit weak in 9mm and I honestly assumed it was weak on everything.

Check Walmart. They sell Federal Champion 100rnd packs for a fair price.

You know I forgot about that stuff...Ive ran that in my 9s and it's been decent.

I am a Forum User
    Check out Fenix ammo in Novi.

I am a Forum User
    WWB has worked perfectly in all my 45s, and most of them are 1911s.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Fenix Ammo is my go to for almost all my ammo. I shoot their 9mm, .45acp, .223. $17/50rnds or $155/500 for .45acp

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Begood03 View Post
    Agreed. I usually use WWB on all my new pistols. And as has been said... Walmart is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    I may have to give them a call if only because their 10mm looks mighty nice and a bit cheaper than underwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Begood03 View Post
    Ive honestly never had any issues with it either I just know the 9 has a reputation for being on the weak side and for breaking in a 1911 I guess it recommended you basically use something that has velocities north of target speeds.

If it was not for ammo, I would have never been in a walmart in my life. I shoot all their stuff in everything. Blazer aluminum, tula steel, federal stuff, wwb.

Just buy enough of whatever to scratch that itch, then get on line and order a big pile of ammo with free or low shipping and low per rd cost.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    If it was not for ammo, I would have never been in a walmart in my life. I shoot all their stuff in everything. Blazer aluminum, tula steel, federal stuff, wwb.

Just buy enough of whatever to scratch that itch, then get on line and order a big pile of ammo with free or low shipping and low per rd cost.
    This is very true...I generally hate going into walmart...well I actually dont hate going into wal mart..I just hate checking out....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast