Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Glock 46 - No, really!

No, that wasn’t a typo in the title, we’re talking about the Glock 46. A German-language magazine, Das Magazin für Waffenbesitzer (The Magazine for Weapon Owners) featured a full breakdown recently. And no, it’s definitely not just another Gen5.

The G46 was reportedly made specifically for the German police (think 17/19M) and there are some significant changes from previous models. Going from the photos, the G19-sized G46 has the same ambi slide stop, single trigger pin, and lack of finger grooves as the new Gen5. There appears to be some changes from the Gen5 frame in the form of a much larger beavertail and maybe the much maligned front cutout on the grip isn’t present. However, the major changes with the Glock 46 appear to be on the top end.

Yes, that’s a rotating barrel as opposed to a tilting one. At least two patents have been filed recent months, including one regarding the rotary barrel.

Another feature of the G46 is that it can be taken down without having to pull the trigger–something that has caused many complaints of safety over the decades. We have reached out to Glock Inc for commentary on the G46 and we’ll update as more information comes in. As to whether it ever gets released on the American market? Your guess is as good as ours.

http://www.recoilweb.com/brand-new-s...46-129623.html

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

I am a Forum User
    Another feature of the G46 is that it can be taken down without having to pull the trigger–something that has caused many complaints of safety over the decades.
    I always balk at this statement and those whom advertise this as a feature on their firearms.

Simple solution..... Don't take it down while it's chambered for craps sake. If you shoot yourself doing this , you deserve to be shot.

I am a Forum User
    Glock honoring their Austrian heritage? The Roth–Steyr M1907 was the the first rotary barrel locking pistol to make it to mass production:

This Glock 46 has a locking system virtually indistinguishable from the Model 1912 Steyr-Hahn's locking system:

The designer of these two Austrian pistols, Karel Krnka, was actually Czech.

It will be interesting to find out what advantage Glock finds in the rotary barrel system. Most firearms engineers believe that rotary barrel locking is more tolerant of varying bullet weights because lighter bullets produce less resistance to unlocking. A few believe that these locking systems are 'faster' than the time honored Browning tilting barrel locking system.

I am a Forum User
    I love innovation but it's concerning to see a pistol manufacture have a shorter lifespan on their pistols than I do on my iphone..

MGO Member
    Just another Glock.
    Last edited by gjgalligan; 09-25-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Meh...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    Meh...
    Glocks already work. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Glocks already work. Agreed.

First off....I know nothing about this pistol, but I can wager that a "non tilting" barrel design was a want for the customer and Glock obliged. (For...."accuracy"???)

Quote Originally Posted by nrich1979 View Post
    I love innovation but it's concerning to see a pistol manufacture have a shorter lifespan on their pistols than I do on my iphone..
    Do you use an iPhone 4? Glock's 4th generation of pistols came out at Shot Show 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    I always balk at this statement and those whom advertise this as a feature on their firearms.

Simple solution..... Don't take it down while it's chambered for craps sake. If you shoot yourself doing this , you deserve to be shot.
    It doesn't hurt. Its good for cop sales, and military. Lots of know it all 18-22 year olds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast