Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    wut?
    i are not machiney
    Different % of thread engagement

MGO Board of Directors

wut?
    i are not machiney
    Is this a tolerance stacking issue?
    Yes…stacked tolerances. If both the suppressor AND the Walther barrel are slightly out of tolerance, yet not enough to have an interference fit with a different "opposite" component that is in-tolerance…you could very well be seeing this situation.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Contact the folks at Class III Machining. They can fix it, and affordably.

http://class3machining.com/

https://www.facebook.com/barrelthreading/
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

If it were me, I'd verify the thread pitch and get a nice quality split die. Most of the 9mm AR barrels are 1/2"-36tpi but some are 1/2-28 or even 5/8-24. Open up the die so that it doesn't take off any material, then slowly unscrew the adjustment screw 1/8th-1/4'turn each pass until the muzzle attachment just fits. It's likely going to be a tiny bit of material the die removes. Recently had to do that with a 5/8-24 barrel and a Silencerco brake. Just took a little bit of fuzz out of the bottoms of the V's. Likely would pass measuring using the 3-wire method as it didn't remove the finish off of the rest of the threads. Brake threaded on fine after that and the can was centered on a range rod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12