Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    Having been in the suppressor business for a few years now here is what I have learned. All of the name brand suppressors suppress very well. Don't buy based on DB rating as state above. Suppressors are a simple formula. Weight vs $$$. It's all about what they are made of. A 25oz SS .30 cal suppressor will cost half of what a 9oz Titanium Thunderbeast will cost. If your into light weight and will hump it up a mountain to hunt with your going to pay more...over a grand. If it's a bench gun you don't care weighs as much as a boat anchor you can get a good one for $500. Both do the job the same and will last a long time. Lots of gimmicky stuff on the market. A solid monocore welded rifle can will last a lifetime with no cleaning. A good aluminum K-baffle pistol can will also live a long time if you clean it regularly and the baffles can be replaced. Price differences are also based on how much the company spends on marketing. Plan on spending about 20-30% more on a Silencerco or AAC than on an Innovative Arms or Liberty. They are all excellent but you pay more for those fancy ads.

CGS is Breaking the mood with their Suppressors I have the videos to prove it. The Kraken is expensive, but the suppression in their cans is leaps and boughs over the competition over 10dbls quieter using same host, same Day, same Ammo, same Meter..

Has to be seen to be believed!!

Titanium too!! Hence price..
    Last edited by 1096; 12-18-2017 at 08:59 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Leaps and bounds? I don't think so. Just a bunch of baffles configured in different ways. In the scheme of things 10 DB is not that big of a deal even if it is true and repeatable. 10 DB is the sound of a finger snap. The difference between 119 DB and 129 DB is not enough to warrant additional hearing protection. Like I said all these companies are trying to differentiate themselves in the market. Some spend tons of money trying to do so. For your every day shooter/hunter you can't go wrong with any of them. Heck I'd take an oil filter over nothing!

I am a Forum User
    Leaps and bounds? I don't think so. Just a bunch of baffles configured in different ways. In the scheme of things 10 DB is not that big of a deal even if it is true and repeatable. 10 DB is the sound of a finger snap. The difference between 119 DB and 129 DB is not enough to warrant additional hearing protection. Like I said all these companies are trying to differentiate themselves in the market. Some spend tons of money trying to do so. For your every day shooter/hunter you can't go wrong with any of them. Heck I'd take an oil filter over nothing!

9mm hanging with 22lr suppressed, YES PLEASE

Do your research and find the ones who are real!! Yes they are Patent Pending Baffles and stacked in a way to be repeatable!! I don’t need to post all the videos and information you have Google.

Ohh, Be Aware Of Dealer’s Who have better deals with certain companies and push those products as their margins are greater.

Silencerco is Giving Suppressors away right now to dealers because market is so depressed. They still have to sell Above MAP I am sure.

9mm at 115dbls & 16” 556 @126dbls using Titanium to make them Light Weight, Yeah, I will take that every day of the week!!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

this gon be good
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    this gon be good

https://instagram.com/p/BZr4V0nnLfO/

Something To Watch While Your Eating the Popcorn!!

I am a Forum User
    Nah I'm cool with it. The internet is full of people with opinions. Some from experience and some from reading about it. I'll admit I have absolutely no experience CGS. But I do have hands on experience with TBAC, Gemtech, Silencero, Dead Air, AAC, Rugged, Innovative Arms, Liberty, Bowers and Lane to name a few. Frankly I don't need to do any research as I really don't care which one you buy. I have my Silencer Shop prices set at absolute minimum. The paperwork is such a pain I am sending all my customers to Silencer Shop. So that dealer suggestions to make more money don't hunt with me. Maybe CGS is the cats azz in new technology. Good on them and I hope they sell a bunch! IMHO any suppressor is better than none. Now that I have been using them I won't shoot unsuppressed if possible and I won't go to indoor ranges.

I am a Forum User
    Nah I'm cool with it. The internet is full of people with opinions. Some from experience and some from reading about it. I'll admit I have absolutely no experience CGS. But I do have hands on experience with TBAC, Gemtech, Silencero, Dead Air, AAC, Rugged, Innovative Arms, Liberty, Bowers and Lane to name a few. Frankly I don't need to do any research as I really don't care which one you buy. I have my Silencer Shop prices set at absolute minimum. The paperwork is such a pain I am sending all my customers to Silencer Shop. So that dealer suggestions to make more money don't hunt with me. Maybe CGS is the cats azz in new technology. Good on them and I hope they sell a bunch! IMHO any suppressor is better than none. Now that I have been using them I won't shoot unsuppressed if possible and I won't go to indoor ranges.

Collect your Checks From Silencer Shop, I don’t blame you actually, but saying there isn’t much difference between the brands of suppressors is just an easy out for you because SS doesn’t carry a lot of those brands who are making the improvements and you don’t want to deal with the paperwork. That’s great for you, but is it good to limit your customers to only what SS carries because you are sticking with SS Dealer Checks?

I have first hand experience with all the Suppressors you mention and more. For the most part you are correct, within the middle of the pack, there isn’t much difference at all and for the average shooter, it makes no difference to them.

I shoot Short and Suppressed 100% of the time. I have a big enough stable of Suppressors built up that I choose to look for the Quietest, Lightest, Shortest, or most Innovative Suppressors That come along. I am lucky enough to have connections with the owners of these companies making strides forward into the next level of suppressor design and overall effectiveness in Sound Suppression, Blowback Mitigation, FRP Elimination, Materials (Ti, DMLS, etc..), Flowthrough Designs (not sold on this tech yet, Although it has its Niche in Mil Applications), etc..

If your good with run of the mill Suppression, hey, it’s all good!!

I have seen a Glock being shot Suppressed with 147gr HUSH Ammo and a 5 month old baby sleeping within 4’ and the baby didn’t wake up during a 15rd Mag dump. Show me another suppressor that can accomplish that and I will concede!!
    No Hearpro used!!

I have dealt with you first hand in the past, you prolly don’t have a clue, but I remember, and it wasn’t because it was a great experience.. So I will leave you to it, I have said everything that I have to say as far as this thread goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12