Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New CZ 455 American shooting about 2 feet low...

Got a deal on a CZ 455 American (NiB) in .22 LR.

Bought CZ 1 inch rings (11MM - Product Number: 19001) (approx. .625" high) and installed them per supplied torque spec's.

Installed a Nikon Pro-staff Rimfire (3x-9x).

With the elevation pegged at maximum I'm shooting about 2 feet low at 25 yards. I haven't had time to pull the scope, swap the rings around, etc., but does anyone know if the CZ rings are the same height, or is there a distinct front and rear (which doesn't seem to be marked, as far as my old eyes can determine)?
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    sounds like they may have mixed in 2 different sized rings.

I am a Forum User
    Some people have problems with recoil causing a flinch.

Pull the stock and confirm the bbl bolts are torqued in correctly. My 455 is right on or pretty close with both 17hmr and 22lr, no more than a few clicks.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Some people have problems with recoil causing a flinch.
    I hate you.....
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by postban View Post
    Pull the stock and confirm the bbl bolts are torqued in correctly. My 455 is right on or pretty close with both 17hmr and 22lr, no more than a few clicks.
    Excellent suggestion, and done. All is well there.

Pulled the rings and started from scratch, swapping the rings. Test drive it in the AM and I'll report back.

No front and rear with CZ rings.
    As already suggested pull the stock and "remove the barrel, reinstall and torque evenly to spec. (~45in/lb. read the barrel install instructions in your manual!!) The barrel should be a pretty snug fit and the screws tightened evenly, lightly snug one then the other, then apply the final torque. Don't just screw one in tight then the next. I go a little light with mine and torque to 35-40 in/lbs. All torque values should be with dry screws. I also torque the action screws a little light, ~25in/lb front, 18-20 in/lbs rear. Some believe over tightening the action screws distorts the action on these rifles.
    Some improperly installed barrels have been talked about on rimfire central inre these rifles hence the checking of installation and screw tightness.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    No front and rear with CZ rings.
    As already suggested pull the stock and "remove the barrel, reinstall and torque evenly to spec. (~45in/lb. read the barrel install instructions in your manual!!) The barrel should be a pretty snug fit and the screws tightened evenly, lightly snug one then the other, then apply the final torque. Don't just screw one in tight then the next. I go a little light with mine and torque to 35-40 in/lbs. All torque values should be with dry screws. I also torque the action screws a little light, ~25in/lb front, 18-20 in/lbs rear. Some believe over tightening the action screws distorts the action on these rifles.
    Some improperly installed barrels have been talked about on rimfire central inre these rifles hence the checking of installation and screw tightness.
    I checked the screws earlier for tightness, but didn't remove them and re-install. I'll pull the barrel and measure breakaway torque on all fasteners, then reinstall and sequence the screws in stages to target torque. That will afford me another opportunity to check the stock for pressure points.

Thanks for the info, Sir; much appreciated.

If you still have a problem call or send your rifle in to CZ. They are very good about fast warranty work and will fix your problem.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    get yourself a cheap 1 inch wood dowell about three feet long

Install the bottom half of the rings, and with the gun in a vice, place the dowell in the lower rings.

If it is out of alignment with the barrel it will be apparent and will confirm that the rings are different height.

sounds like a ring problem and with a couple measurements with calipers, should be able to narrow it down quick.

If the groves on top of the receiver are out of whack, contact
    cz

regards,

cranky

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast