Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Some people have problems with recoil causing a flinch.
    BAWAHAHAHAH!

Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    get yourself a cheap 1 inch wood dowell about three feet long

Install the bottom half of the rings, and with the gun in a vice, place the dowell in the lower rings.

If it is out of alignment with the barrel it will be apparent and will confirm that the rings are different height.

sounds like a ring problem and with a couple measurements with calipers, should be able to narrow it down quick.

If the groves on top of the receiver are out of whack, contact
    cz

regards,

cranky
    Years ago I machined a set of stainless scope alignment dowels and I usually lap the rings before installing the scope. I didn't lap the rings this time, but the alignment dowels look perfect.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Update

I DID NOT pull the barrel and re-torque. I had already removed the stock to check the screws, and had pulled the rings and remounted them. I didn't want too many variables in play with the troubleshooting.

Went to the range this morning, took 3 shots to get into the bullseye.

Played around a bit, then picked a spot off to the right of the target. Kneeling (which is hard to do with the aftermarket knees), resting the fore end on a 9mm ammo box, I fired the pictured group at 25 yards using cheap CCI ammo. Nothing to brag about, but it gives me reason to believe from a stable shooting position with a sling and decent ammo I can group 5 shots into one hole.

Thanks for the advice, guys, but it looks like I either botched the original scope installation, or the rifle was poorly seated/torqued in the stock. Or a bit of both.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Love those CZ rifles. I have a 452 Lux and Scout. Both are great.

I had a 10/22 "Target" model with the heavy barrel. Was very disappointed in the accuracy vs. the price.

This is 5 shots @ 50yds. I've tried CCI Green Label, some Aguila and Wolf. It prefers the Wolf.

They're the best .22 accuracy for the money IMO.

The Yo! Dave trigger is a VERY good cheap addition for the trigger.

https://www.yodaveproducts.com/

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post

I had a 10/22 "Target" model with the heavy barrel. Was very disappointed in the accuracy vs. the price.

This is 5 shots @ 50yds. I've tried CCI Green Label, some Aguila and Wolf. It prefers the Wolf.

Aaron, not to be "Debbie Downer", but not one of your rounds hit the center of the target. Just sayin. But hey, if you want to brag about that, go ahead I guess.

JK. That is great shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post

the cz 22s are one step down from an anshutz and they are $950-1200, they are the sweet spot for testing what you can do, if you are having fun and not trying to win a competition.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep olllllo View Post
    Aaron, not to be "Debbie Downer", but not one of your rounds hit the center of the target. Just sayin. But hey, if you want to brag about that, go ahead I guess.

JK. That is great shooting!
    Thanks Jeep. It's about the only target I'm halway proud of in my short shooting, and to be honest the rifle is almost boring it's so accurate. It's definitely not me, but the rifle.

Try Norma TAC or SK ammo in your CZ too.
    Wolf and SK are the same ammo made by Lapua. Wolf buys it from Lapua and repackages it under their name, Lapua markets it as "SK".
    Norma TAC is manufactured by its sister company RWS and is excellent low cost target ammo too. One of these should have your rifle shooting 1/2" 5 rd groups at 50 yds if you can hold it. When you find a good load buy a ton of it. Lot runs make a difference in 22 ammo and what shoots good today might be beat by the runner up next month.
    Don't ignore the wind. A 10-15 mph breeze will screw with the best 22 cal rifle when shot at 50yds +, flags are a help. The top right target was shot with no regard to the wind or its direction and shows it. The other targets show I still was caught a time or two even though I tried to keep conditions the same. Couldn't be the shooter
    Shoot in the early morning or later in the evening when winds are low to calm and you should see a improvement in your scores.

This target was shot the 1st time out with a newly stocked CZ 452 "Scout" youth rifle and Norma ammo. I originally bought the rifle for my wife, but ended up putting a full sized "American" stock on it for me to shoot since she only accompanies me a couple times a year to the range and the rifle shoots too good to let it sit
    The target squares are 1" and "dots" are 3/4", range was 100yds and yes the rifle was benched in a good rest and rear bag.

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Try Norma TAC or SK ammo in your CZ too.
    Wolf and SK are the same ammo made by Lapua. Wolf buys it from Lapua and repackages it under their name, Lapua markets it as "SK".
    Norma TAC is manufactured by its sister company RWS and is excellent low cost target ammo too. One of these should have your rifle shooting 1/2" 5 rd groups at 50 yds if you can hold it. When you find a good load buy a ton of it. Lot runs make a difference in 22 ammo and what shoots good today might be beat by the runner up next month.
    Don't ignore the wind. A 10-15 mph breeze will screw with the best 22 cal rifle when shot at 50yds +, flags are a help. The top right target was shot with no regard to the wind or its direction and shows it. The other targets show I still was caught a time or two even though I tried to keep conditions the same. Couldn't be the shooter
    Shoot in the early morning or later in the evening when winds are low to calm and you should see a improvement in your scores.

This target was shot the 1st time out with a newly stocked CZ 452 "Scout" youth rifle and Norma ammo. I originally bought the rifle for my wife, but ended up putting a full sized "American" stock on it for me to shoot since she only accompanies me a couple times a year to the range and the rifle shoots too good to let it sit
    The target squares are 1" and "dots" are 3/4", range was 100yds and yes the rifle was benched in a good rest and rear bag.

I have a couple file cabinets full of SK, RWS, Eley, and Federal Gold Medal .22 ammo. I tend to buy a few thousand rounds at a time... I hate adjusting the scope once I get it dialed in. I love .22's, but they are a finicky lot. Plinking with the 455 I switched from an Aguila loading to a CCI and point of impact shifted approximately 2.25" at 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    I have a couple file cabinets full of SK, RWS, Eley, and Federal Gold Medal .22 ammo. I tend to buy a few thousand rounds at a time... I hate adjusting the scope once I get it dialed in. I love .22's, but they are a finicky lot. Plinking with the 455 I switched from an Aguila loading to a CCI and point of impact shifted approximately 2.25" at 25 yards.

Sire, you are a man of good taste.
    I would enjoy getting together and sending a few of those 22 rounds down range with you one day when you decide to figure out which one that CZ prefers. I might even be conned into buying the coffee at what ever café we meet at.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast