Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member Forum User

Kel Tec P3AT Mag Release trouble

Has anyone ever changed the mag release on the P3at? I did it a few months ago,without any major disassembly, but the new release did not line up or work properly.

KelTec sent me new parts(spring and mag release) thinking the first ones were defective, but some how I can't get it back together now. KelTec customer service was no help and the you tube videos are not very helpful either.

Has anyone done this successfully? The problem is getting the spring into the hole after the mag release is properly positioned. One of the videos shows a guy just inserting it and "click " it was back in place but I'll be darned if I can do it so easily. I used forceps to position it but it still won't go in.

The really frustrating part is that I did it a few months ago and can't do it now!

Any ideas out there?
    Last edited by whipsnade; 10-19-2017 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling

MGO Member Forum User
    Never mind> I finally figured it out and the solution was to do it without following the you tube or other instructions. If you should need help, PM me,

Banned
    Good you figured it out. The mag release is a known issue. I gave my P3-AT away so as not to deal with it.
    It still works BTW