Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    You can't.

You cannot legislate intelligence, you cannot legislate common sense, you cannot legislate personal responsibility. All you can do is legislate hefty fines and jail time as a deterrent factor and reduce the problem via fear compliance. Like seatbelt laws.
    This.

If you carry, use, or have access to a deadly weapon, the laws of Darwinism say that you need to be a tick smarter than the device itself. If not, natural selection will prevail.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    You can't.

You cannot legislate intelligence, you cannot legislate common sense, you cannot legislate personal responsibility. All you can do is legislate hefty fines and jail time as a deterrent factor and reduce the problem via fear compliance. Like seatbelt laws.
    It is also very difficult to completely remove the possibility of some kind of accident. Locks, safes, and similar devices are great, but they don't take the place of educating your children on the proper use of firearms. My dad had a locked cabinet and I found a way to get into it. Despite this, I never would have done anything stupid.

I have a teenager that is occasionally home alone. I am not going to deny her the ability to defend herself, so.there is also this to consider.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    That sure is an interesting grip the guy has..

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Nice Concept but it is not required for the real application.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12