Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Voquartsen LLV 6 inch barrel on ruger 22/45

Just bought a volquartsen LLV barrel for my ruger mark 3. 22/45. Having bought a used Mark 3 22/45 from a forum member here that already was outfitted with a volquartsen trigger,I figured I'd try the barrel also. Initially with the 5.6 inch target barrel was getting about just under 1.5 inch groups at 25 yards. Off the bench wrist resting on my shooting bag. Purchased a LLV 6 inch volquartsen barrel which fits on the mark 2,3, and 22/45 versions of the ruger pistols. I have a paclite barrel on a ruger mark 2 that I've had for years and was happy with so I figured why not. Bought the barrel from EAB CO for $337 with 10% of and free shipping. Added a compensator for another $81. This really isn't necessary on a 22 but it adds to the cool factor. The barrel is machined from aluminum with a stainless steel barrel insert which is also machined lapped. This is the same barrel on voquatrsens scorpion pistol. It has sight cuts and an integrated rail for mounting whatever you like. In this case I had a Bushnell ts25, so I mounted that. The barrel is serialized thanks to ruger but I love the reliability of the platform so I paid for the transfer from my ffl which was $40. All together I paid $250 for the ruger, $425 for the barrel, compensator and halo which makes charging so much easier, and $40 for the transfer. Bringing the total up to $715. What did I get? An accurate pistol with thee magazines, that is reliable with everything I've tried so far. Which includes bulk federal, federal auto match, CCI standard velocity, and aguila standard and high velocity. The pistol balances nicely and is light especially with the plastic 22/45 lower. My groups with this pistol were .999 with CCI standard velocity, and
    .739 with federal auto match. These were 10 shot groups at 25 yards off my gun bag. Wind was 11 miles per hour and temp right at 61 degrees. Pretty accurate package at an affordable price to get you in to bullseye or whatever sport you like. Oh on a side note this setup does not fit into the blackdog holster due to the width of the barrel. I am going to try my hand at making a kydex holster for it though. That is a different story though. The barrel fit nicely and was well finished. Enclosed are the pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The barrel fit nicely and was well finished. Enclosed are the pics.
    ???.
    Pictures didn't come through.

Ahhh, found them.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray