Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Opening Day

MGO Board of Directors

Opening Day

11 flushes, five roosters.

We had one of the best openers that I can remember. A tad hot for the dogs, and I used the excuse that my dog needed a rest when I needed to sit.

pheasant2.jpgpheasant.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

What a great day to be in Michigan! Thanks for the pictures!

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
    Jeff Cooper

Great pic, birds are definitely on the come back in the great state!

I am a Forum User
    Got started on pheasant last year with my coonhound/boxer mix. Up until this season we hadn’t even seen one bird. Yesterday I flushed a male on accident. Took me by surprise and I botched my shot.

Today I am very proud of my dog though, she tracked down and flushed her first bird. Sadly it was a hen, but I’m geeked she found one regardless.

Every day it’s a competition between the dog and I, to see who is more inexperienced at pheasant hunting. Looks like I’m winning that one.

I am a Forum User
    That's great to hear that you flushed that many birds. Hopefully they make a strong comeback. What a beautiful and excellent eating game bird.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Ibear1992 View Post
    Today I am very proud of my dog though, she tracked down and flushed her first bird. Sadly it was a hen, but I’m geeked she found one regardless.
    It's ALL about the dog! Isn't that a cool feeling?!?!?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    It's ALL about the dog! Isn't that a cool feeling?!?!?
    It was great. I was so excited that she actually found one, that I didn’t even care it wasn’t a rooster. Neither of us really know what we’re doing, so it was a fantastic feeling for her to have a little success.

I’ve never been an avid hunter. She’s the only reason I picked it up last year. Not much better than tromping around outside with my dog and a shotgun all day.