Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats it worth.

I am a Forum User
    I know next to nothing about colts. But to me that is to "mint" to be almost 100 years old. Also, I'm pretty sure the loop mags seized production in 1915-16.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Attachment 61427

Roughly speaking, What is the value of this 1911? Pic was sent from a friend and he wants me to buy it. Belonged to his father.
    Your friend sent you a picture from a colt website.
    Doubtful if not impossible that is the actual gun.

http://www.coltautos.com/1911.htm

Have him send several pictures from different angles of THE gun in question.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    Your friend sent you a picture from a colt website.
    Doubtful if not impossible that is the actual gun.

http://www.coltautos.com/1911.htm
    Nice, maybe someone is just jaking around.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Have him send several pictures from different angles of THE gun in question.
    At least, the other side with the serial number.

I will be looking at the pistol next week.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

If he's got an original one that looks exactly like that one, it's a catch. Pre 1924- trigger is long and it has a straight MSH.
    Value? In that condition you can look at $4k+, but the 1911 market is a bit soft right now. I'm watching $4k WC and NHCs fetching about 75% of their worth. I mean Buds is selling SACs Pros right now. Took me almost 2 years to order one. Now, you can snag them up online for what I paid for mine.
    However, as someone already pointed out, that's a stock photo. Generally, the roll marks are worn away to some degree. The older models like that one hold their roll marks a lot better than a 70 series, but you'll still see a lot of fading.
    That magazine alone will be worth either about $200...or $20, depending on if it's an original or repro.

Bottom line, as others have pointed out, if your friend is claiming it's an original, take a good number of photos and post them here. If it is indeed the real McCoy, snag it up or let me know what he's wanting for it.
    Not a shooter- the metal was a lot softer and far more prone to cracking than today's. But, you can bet it would get treated right.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    That is a nice looking gun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12