Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Flat rate boxes aren't terrible either depending on location, i.e. $7 to ship a couple cities away is overkill but $7 to ship to the other side of the country? Not awful.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    FIFY

That is the cut off, after that rates change.
    uh no, they upped it to 15.99 oz about a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    uh no, they upped it to 15.99 oz about a year ago
    We may be talking about different services. I just went and checked, the rate jump is still at 13 oz. After that is is cheaper to use the "it fits it ships" envelope/box.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    We may be talking about different services. I just went and checked, the rate jump is still at 13 oz. After that is is cheaper to use the "it fits it ships" envelope/box.
    Once again, no.
    "This mail class offers 1 to 3 day delivery within the U.S. and includes free USPS Tracking. USPS has introduced a new maximum weight limit for First Class Package Service. You can now print up to 15.99 ounces when printing First Class Package Service using Stamps.com. Previously, the maximum weight limit was 13 ounces."
    Jan 22, 2016

Once again, no.
    "This mail class offers 1 to 3 day delivery within the U.S. and includes free USPS Tracking. USPS has introduced a new maximum weight limit for First Class Package Service. You can now print up to 15.99 ounces when printing First Class Package Service using Stamps.com. Previously, the maximum weight limit was 13 ounces."
    Jan 22, 2016
    I am going by what it says on the USPS website. I'll believe them first.

Rates DID go up in January, and some additional changes in September. Yet, the rates change for me as soon as it goes over 13 oz.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Once again, no.
    Jan 22, 2016
    I am going by what it says on the USPS website. I'll believe them first.

Rates DID go up in January, and some additional changes in September. Yet, the rates change for me as soon as it goes over 13 oz.
    Sounds like Stamps.com and possibly other vendors have special deals on certain size/weight packages.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Sounds like Stamps.com and possibly other vendors have special deals on certain size/weight packages.
    Like I said earlier, I don't think that we are talking about the same USPS products. I think that he is looking at Business specific rates, which the average joe can't get.

I am a Forum User
    Like I said earlier, I don't think that we are talking about the same USPS products. I think that he is looking at Business specific rates, which the average joe can't get.
    I am NOT. I ship via USPS first class at least 7x a week. I print my labels using PayPal (you can too, paypal.com/shiplabel/create) and my good FFL buddy's day job is at the post office. First Class is up to 15.99oz. The most I've ever paid for a 15.99oz label going to UTAH was $3.61

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    I am NOT. I ship via USPS first class at least 7x a week. I print my labels using PayPal (you can too, paypal.com/shiplabel/create) and my good FFL buddy's day job is at the post office. First Class is up to 15.99oz. The most I've ever paid for a 15.99oz label going to UTAH was $3.61
    Stamps.com, PayPal, and other 3rd party services that work thru USPS give the ‘average joe’ access to those rates. I too use PayPal to ship things first class with tracking for $2-3, my USPS account gives me access to Flat rage Recional A & B packages that are not available at the counter either.

I believe you are both correct in your own way-Joe Bob walking into the local PO can’t get these services but they do exist and are available to anyone who cares to find the access to them.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123