Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can't work it in until the 27th. Will be driving up to Alpena County for the last 4 days of the season.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

I am a Forum User
    Quiet in wellston couple doe seen. No deer at the buck pole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Pretty bleak in Charlevoix county. Weather has been fkt. I saw one little spike chasing a doe opening morning and nothing whatsoever since.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Name:  51DB4226-C338-4142-89C6-DFD21548BCB8.jpeg
Views: 175
Size:  91.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    Pretty bleak in Charlevoix county. Weather has been fkt. I saw one little spike chasing a doe opening morning and nothing whatsoever since.

Friend sent me this
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Lots of small bucks here in Lapeer county. No trophies yet.Attachment 61775 no idea why it is sideways. Sorry. Ugh.
    Last edited by oldmann1967; 11-18-2017 at 08:23 AM.

MGO Board of Directors

Let my counterpart have the week off since he takes his kids. Was going to head up this morning after a few hours work, but waiting for a part for my hot water heater to be delivered so I can leave the wife with a working hot water heater. Hope to head to Osceola county this afternoon or in the morning. have a doe permit and my 4+ tag left. stepdad always used to say "cant eat horns" and I had the meat from a guy that shot a 14 point a few years ago, much rather have the young doe that is in freezer now.

I am a Forum User
    Don't know if I should start another thread or not , but I have an opening day question on etiquette.
    I'm sitting in my happy place. I hear like three shots 4/500 yards away off the land I'm on ,half hour later 2/3more same area. 20 minutes go by and a really nice buck comes trotting by. I drill it. Falls down rolls over side of the hill. Got down to look and two guys come walking way in on private land. Say hey did you shoot my deer ? I tell them yes I shot one and I'm trying to find it. They say they are following a blood trail this way. Who's deer is it? I know my answer but am curious what you guys think.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    They say they are following a blood trail this way. Who's deer is it? I know my answer but am curious what you guys think.
    If you have permission to be on the land and they do not, they are trespassing and have no legal claim to the deer (even if it ran up to you and died on the spot and you didn't shoot.)

However - Technically speaking - it is illegal to posses a deer that you did not kill, so the above scenario would technically put you on the wrong side of the law (but only you would know that.)

Since you drilled it and it is on private property that you could legally hunt and they could not - it is your deer.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Just thinking about how amazing deer are.

Shoot me with a rifle in any location on my body and I am not going anywhere. Shoot me twice with a rifle? Forget about it!!!!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Last shot is the kill shot is what we have always gone by.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast