Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    My neighbor has got three already. He always shoots more deer than he has room for in his freezer. Luckily for me I have lots of room in mine. Last bag was eight packs of steaks/chops and a roast.

I am a Forum User
    Yes I have permission to hunt and have for 20years.They do not. Never would keep a deer I didn't shoot. Bad ju-ju. When I say drilled it I mean it didn't get up. Did I say it was a REALLY good deer.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    Yes I have permission to hunt and have for 20years.They do not. Never would keep a deer I didn't shoot. Bad ju-ju. When I say drilled it I mean it didn't get up. Did I say it was a REALLY good deer.
    It was so good they really wanted it, enough to shoot at it almost half a dozen times and trespass to try and get it. The way I see it, it was on the property you have permission to be on and you made the kill shot-it’s your Deer. If they have a problem with it tell them they can call the CO.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    Don't know if I should start another thread or not , but I have an opening day question on etiquette.
    I'm sitting in my happy place. I hear like three shots 4/500 yards away off the land I'm on ,half hour later 2/3more same area. 20 minutes go by and a really nice buck comes trotting by. I drill it. Falls down rolls over side of the hill. Got down to look and two guys come walking way in on private land. Say hey did you shoot my deer ? I tell them yes I shot one and I'm trying to find it. They say they are following a blood trail this way. Who's deer is it? I know my answer but am curious what you guys think.
    Tell them to leave. If that doesn't work, call the fish cops.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alcoholbanshee View Post
    Last shot is the kill shot is what we have always gone by.
    Kill shot takes the deer.

From a 2009 thread: Some spirited discussion and some opinions on the law!

Hawgrider
    I am a Forum User

3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by who dat
    Only with the owners permission. If you'd have asked first, you would have had a better chance.
    Agree ....

If the deer enters private land it becomes the land owners deer. You would have no rights to track it or retrieve it with out permission first.

If I Am hunting on state land that is boarding private I will shoot for the front shoulders instead of heart/ lung shot and drop the deer in its tracks. On a lung shot the deer could easily run a hundred yards before it croaks. So if your hunting near the boarder the heart lung shot may not be a good idea
    of coarse with the shoulder shot you will lose some meat ....... but if its that rack of a life time it may be worth it to you to lose some shoulder meat.

CHAPTER 4
    RECREATION
    SUBCHAPTER 1
    RECREATION
    RECREATIONAL TRESPASS
    PART 731
    RECREATIONAL TRESPASS
    324.73102 Entering or remaining on property of another; consent; exceptions.
    Sec. 73102. (1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person shall not enter or remain upon the property of another person,
    other than farm property or a wooded area connected to farm property, to engage in any recreational activity or trapping on that
    property without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent, if either of the following circumstances exists:
    (a) The property is fenced or enclosed and is maintained in such a manner as to exclude intruders.
    (b) The property is posted in a conspicuous manner against entry. The minimum letter height on the posting signs shall be 1
    inch. Each posting sign shall be not less than 50 square inches, and the signs shall be spaced to enable a person to observe not
    less than 1 sign at any point of entry upon the property.
    (2) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person shall not enter or remain upon farm property or a wooded area connected
    to farm property for any recreational activity or trapping without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent, whether
    or not the farm property or wooded area connected to farm property is fenced, enclosed, or posted.
    (3) On fenced or posted property or farm property, a fisherman wading or floating a navigable public stream may, without
    written or oral consent, enter upon property within the clearly defined banks of the stream or, without damaging farm products,
    walk a route as closely proximate to the clearly defined bank as possible when necessary to avoid a natural or artificial hazard or
    obstruction, including, but not limited to, a dam, deep hole, or a fence or other exercise of ownership by the riparian owner.
    (4) A person other than a person possessing a firearm may, unless previously prohibited in writing or orally by the property
    owner or his or her lessee or agent, enter on foot upon the property of another person for the sole purpose of retrieving a hunting
    dog. The person shall not remain on the property beyond the reasonable time necessary to retrieve the dog. In an action under
    section 73109 or 73110, the burden of showing that the property owner or his or her lessee or agent previously prohibited entry
    under this subsection is on the plaintiff or prosecuting attorney, respectively.
    (5) Consent to enter or remain upon the property of another person pursuant to this section may be given orally or in writing.
    The consent may establish conditions for entering or remaining upon that property. Unless prohibited in the written consent,
    a written consent may be amended or revoked orally. If the owner or his or her lessee or agent requires all persons entering
    or remaining upon the property to have written consent, the presence of the person on the property without written consent is
    prima facie evidence of unlawful entry.
    History: Add. 1995, Act 58, Imd. ***. May 24, 1995;—Am. 1998, Act 546, ***. Mar. 23, 1999.
    Popular name: Act 451
    Popular name: NREPA
    Popular name: Recreational Trespass Act
    Last edited by Ruger; 11-18-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123