Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Colt Cobra Questions

Couple question I have regarding my Cobra...first, I've determined it was made in 1956, what grips will fit this gun? I've seen on a few sites that the Hogues and such only work on newer guns. Will any D frame grip work for me or do I need to search harder?

Also how would one go about fixing a slightly bent ejector rod? It will sometimes bind when pushed through the cylinder. Don't want to spend much fixing it, though...

Danke.

I am a Forum User
    Colt made 3 types of grip frames and appropriate stocks...

the first were 'long' square. they were on the Detective Special at introduction in 1927. about 1933 they started to round the corners however they remained 'long'...

in 1966 the grip frame was shortened and the stocks had an additional 'step' if you will where they wrapped under the framework...

here are the later long and post-66 short frames

if you have a 1956 era D frame, you need stocks that fit the long frame...

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the info. I do have the long version...now, is there an easy way to tell which grips are for the long and which are for the short? I can tell in person...but what about online?