Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Deer density map

I stumbled upon this and thought I would share, I'm not sure how accurate it is.

i-maps.com QDMA

I am a Forum User
    depends... didnt see where they got the plotting info from....
    assuming DNR?

Check station reports would be the only way to gather this kind of data to make it true.

Thanks for sharing!!!

The map has some serious inaccuracies! It show's the area I hunt in to have 15 to 30 @ sq mile! There was quite possibly 30 to 60 hunters @ sq mile in my area and no one saw diddly! and the check station in Mio had a skeleton crew manning the post..........Why? because they knew very well that there would be few deer brought in that day especially in that area! The youth hunt and poaching has taken its toll in area 452.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger
    The map has some serious inaccuracies! It show's the area I hunt in to have 15 to 30 @ sq mile! There was quite possibly 30 to 60 hunters @ sq mile in my area and no one saw diddly! and the check station in Mio had a skeleton crew manning the post..........Why? because they knew very well that there would be few deer brought in that day especially in that area! The youth hunt and poaching has taken its toll in area 452.

the map is probably accurate, BASED ON THEIR INFO... but where did they get the info?

grayling and gaylord DNR offices werent taking deer from certain areas in the check station.... so ??????

but at least the antler farmers got their name out!

I am a Forum User
    I hunted area 452 with great success. The youth hunt and poaching didn't affect that area as much as the TB did. My son, wife and I saw more than 30 some deer the first weekend and took out three does.

Quote Originally Posted by therev
    I hunted area 452 with great success. The youth hunt and poaching didn't affect that area as much as the TB did. My son, wife and I saw more than 30 some deer the first weekend and took out three does.

2 Miles outside of Fairview off of Bailey rd. we had 1 gunshot opening morning and that was at least a mile or so away. Now I've been told that Glenee was much better and BlockHouse swamp had a few nice deer taken but they were never checked in at the Mio station. The area I hunt was clear cut and they were still cutting on the 14th. I'm happy you had an exceptional hunt but there were no Does permits given on State land where we were. My neighbor up there did however get a doe permit even though it was for private land only and he has no private land!