Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG….Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<
Firearm Exchange

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Billet? Spikes Tactical NEW "BIOHAZARD" BILLET Upper/Lower

Cool Got Billet? Spikes Tactical NEW "BIOHAZARD" BILLET Upper/Lower

Don't know who saw this yet, but I have to say that after using a regular Spikes Tactical Lower and Upper and other parts from them, I could only imagine that this Billet upper is the awesome !

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?

It has the following features that i haven't seen on any other lower/upper combo:

LOWER SPECS:

• Machined from 7075 billet with Type III hardcoat annodized finish
    • Integrated winter style trigger guard
    • Ambi bolt release and bolt catch installed
    • Flared magwell
    • Textured on the front of the magwell
    • Low shelf for RDIAS
    • Captured buffer retaining pin and rear takedown pin (no more calls for spares)
    • Set screw for trigger reset
    • Set screw for upper to lower tension (how sweet is that?)
    • Bolt catch and bolt release are retained with a threaded pin rather than a roll pin

Lower can be assembled with out a hammer and punch (amazing huh?)

UPPER SPECS:

• Machined from 7075 billet with Type III hardcoat annodized finish
    • M4 feedramps
    • Beefy design which is stiffer allowing less flex
    • Front of receiver is machined to accept most after market rail systems (yes, we play nice with everyone else)
    • Comes with the forward assist and ejection port door installed
    • The most beautiful lines you'll see on anything other than your wife!

Introductory Price of only $499.95 for the set

Last edited by SWMP15; 01-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    I'd rather live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a sheep.

I am a Forum User
    It does look really good and it has a lot of features. Looks like it would make a nice base for a long range setup. I wonder how much more it weighs than a standard upper/lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken1973
    It does look really good and it has a lot of features. Looks like it would make a nice base for a long range setup. I wonder how much more it weighs than a standard upper/lower.
    BINGO!!!

Banned Forum User
    Doesn't really offer anything better over regular upper/lower. Tacti-cool marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by pgaplayerless
    Doesn't really offer anything better over regular upper/lower. Tacti-cool marketing.
    i disagree....if u assembly your own upper and lower it has some cool features, if u dont then i can see why u would say that....:

• Captured buffer retaining pin and rear takedown pin (no more calls for spares)
    • Bolt catch and bolt release are retained with a threaded pin rather than a roll pin
    • Lower can be assembled with out a hammer and punch (amazing huh?)

and of course it's heavier, it's made form billet....and i like how 90% of the people who bitch about weight and what not aren't even using their weapons for any real or tactical purpose so why would weight matter...so u can tell ur buddy, oh look how light my AR is?! comeon

Banned Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMP15
    i disagree....if u assembly your own upper and lower it has some cool features, if u dont then i can see why u would say that....:

and of course it's heavier, it's made form billet....and i like how 90% of the people who bitch about weight and what not aren't even using their weapons for any real or tactical purpose so why would weight matter...so u can tell ur buddy, oh look how light my AR is?! comeon
    I assembled all of my ARs and did several lowers for other ppl. Did all of them on my coffee table with just a punch and a small hammer while watching the tv.

Anybody that needs those features to assemble a lower should probably have it done by somebody competent instead

No instead you tell your buddy, oh look how leet my billet tacti-cool AR is?!?!
    Last edited by pgaplayerless; 01-14-2010 at 12:39 PM.

I am a Forum User
    that thing looks sweet

I am a Forum User

+1

Quote Originally Posted by pgaplayerless
    I assembled all of my ARs and did several lowers for other ppl. Did all of them on my coffee table with just a punch and a small hammer while watching the tv.

Anybody that needs those features to assemble a lower should probably have it done by somebody competent instead

No instead you tell your buddy, oh look how leet my billet tacti-cool AR is?!?!
    ya and i like how u assume its my first rodeo....my 12 yr old sister could assembly a lower blindfolded...u want a cookie?

awww come over and we can eat cookies and milk, watch tv and assemble AR's.... ur so sweet PGA

and its not "tacti-cool" its functional
    Last edited by SWMP15; 01-14-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Banned Forum User
    ya and i like how u assume its my first rodeo....my 12 yr old sister could assembly a lower blindfolded...u want a cookie?

awww come over and we can eat cookies and milk, watch tv and assemble AR's.... ur so sweet PGA
    huh? I didn't say a thing about you?

Call me in 6 years and i'll come over to watch tv and assemble lowers with your sister :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast