Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Shelby Twp Correcting Ordinances

Shelby Township will become more gun-friendly if officials amend a longstanding firearms ordinance to comply with state law.

At its regular meeting tonight, the Board of Trustees is scheduled to consider the ordinance, which prohibits the possession of firearms in a township park.

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2010...4905948343.txt

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for your work on this... let us know how it turns out.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28
    Shelby Township will become more gun-friendly if officials amend a longstanding firearms ordinance to comply with state law.

At its regular meeting tonight, the Board of Trustees is scheduled to consider the ordinance, which prohibits the possession of firearms in a township park.

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2010...4905948343.txt
    Linky not worky, try this:

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2010...mode=fullstory

I am a Forum User
    Is this meeting open to the public? Where and what time? If it is at the Township offices, can you cc to the meeting, or is it only oc? Who else is going?

I am a Forum User
    7:00 at the Township Building. You can CC or OC there. I will not be in attendance due to back issues. I also I have heard they are tabling it saying it needs further discussion.

I am a Forum User
    Went to the meeting this evening. It appears that the ordinance will be amended to be in compliance with state laws.

On a side note, I don't know why anyone would choose to stay home, when they can go to board meeting and get twice the entertainment than what's on TV.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    Went to the meeting this evening. It appears that the ordinance will be amended to be in compliance with state laws.

On a side note, I don't know why anyone would choose to stay home, when they can go to board meeting and get twice the entertainment than what's on TV.
    Did it pass? What was the vote for/against?

We should rate each city on "entertainment value"...

I am a Forum User
    All votes were in favor of change/update. No one in the "crowd" had any comments, and it passed without issue. Actually if you would have nodded off for a few seconds, you could have easily missed it. The entertainment that I spoke of was on other matters of business. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but having never been to a township meeting before, I found myself laughing a couple of times.