Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey9019
    USBP and CBP are two different divisions
    Yes, but they both are carrying the HK P2000.

I am a Forum User
    Went over to canada earlier this year on the ferry...after i came back, the BP guy checked out my vehicle...after he was done, i asked him if he was carrying an HK...he said yup and showed me the holstered gun. He said...40cal. I asked...p2000 (i could tell it was a p2000 from the exposed areas)? He said yea...how do you know? I told him i carried a P30 but loved the P2000 as well...he was very cool about the entire thing...

I am a Forum User
    As the government continues to expand their authority and allows US border patrols to set up suspicious-less checkpoints 100 miles from the border, I have a few concerns. SCOTUS has ruled that these internal checkpoints are legal, but that your rights are the same as any other LEO stop, unlike the loss of your 4th amendment rights at the border.

SCOTUS stated that you have to stop at these check points, but unless there is a reasonable suspicion of some violation of immigration law you do not have to answer any questions or consent to any searches.

If these stops are not based on any reasonable suspicion and you can exercise your 5th and 4th amendment rights would a CPL holder have to immediately disclose he was carrying a concealed weapon? Would he have to produce a driver’s license?

There are many videos of people resisting to submit to any commands from the border patrol including, not producing a driver’s license or any ID. The people are allowed to leave after being detained up to 30 minutes. It’s obvious from the videos that some of these officers are either ignorant of us law or are intentionally violating them.

Below is a map that shows the approximate area that the border patrol can set up these check points and enforce immigration laws Michigan. This should cause every student of personal liberty a great deal of concern. No matter how bad immigration may, or may not be, to give up more personal freedoms in the fight of illegal immigrants, and ancillary to enforce drugs laws (Which in my opinion is the real reason, is in all ways problematic. There have been check points in Tecumseh, Detroit and at least one in the UP.

Attached is the approximate jusrisdiction of the US Border Patrol.

I am a Forum User
    I've seen DHS and CBP vehicles in Ann Arbor before.

Who knows why.

CBP can lawfully (but not constitutionally) have warrantless road blocks and detain anyone who comes by without cause.

Yay America! Home of the Free, as long as you don't try to go further than the chain allows.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator12
    There have been check points in Tecumseh, Detroit and at least one in the UP.

Were these checkpoints undertaken in response to actual intel about a real or perceived threat in the area, or were they just a random "stop everyone and see what you can dig up" kind of thing?

Two different issues, IMO.

I am a Forum User
    Seems like I see them on a daily basis around these parts lately.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Signess
    Seems like I see them on a daily basis around these parts lately.
    Thats because of "Mexican Town" at 23 mile & I-94-Gratiot.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$
    Thats because of "Mexican Town" at 23 mile & I-94-Gratiot.
    Which one ?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE
    Which one ?
    Truth!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzcat
    Were these checkpoints undertaken in response to actual intel about a real or perceived threat in the area, or were they just a random "stop everyone and see what you can dig up" kind of thing?

Two different issues, IMO.
    I don't have details. My guess it was random. Perhaps they have to do so many in their areas of patrol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast