Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10-2\3 @ fenton

I am a Forum User

10-2\3 @ fenton

So which of you fine MGO'ers will be attending the Fenton appleseed this weekend? I will be there along with my lovely wife! I only signed up for Sat. though unless an additional opening becomes available and weather is pleasant.

Wife gets the family LTR, think I will do my best with something else. Look forward to seeing whoever is there.

I am a Forum User
    I can't wait. My wife, brother in law, and I will be attending both days. I will be shooting a remington 597, the wife will be shooting a marlin 795 and the brother in law will be shooting a ruger 10-22.
    Does anybody know if we will be shooting under a roof or are we going to be exposed to the eliments?????? I have no idea what the gun club looks like. We will be bringing pieces of carpet but it would be nice if we didnt need to bring waterproof gear! No matter what I am excited.
    Thanks in advance to all of the instructors!!!!!!!!!

I am a Forum User
    I'll be going. Looking forward to it. Supposed to be pretty chilly for this time of year. In the low 50's I just heard on the news, possibly a frost as well.

I'm going to be using a Savage 64 GXP. But I'm bring the AR as a back up. Good question in regards to "covered" firing line. That would be nice wouldn't it.

MGO Member Forum User
    No roof - we're out in the open, and we shoot rain or shine, hot or cold. Feel free to bring canopies, but they'll need to be set back from the firing line.

My usual setup on the line is a tarp as the bottom layer, then some insulite foam, my handy Midway shooting mat, then a blanket. The ground is rocky and rough. Your elbows are going to get beat up, so make sure you have plenty of padding to minimize blisters.

I'm looking forward to meeting more MGO members. See you Saturday!

MGO Member
    Have fun everyone! Post an after-class report if you can.
    My LinkedIn Profile
    ALWAYS interested in left-handed rifles and shotguns. BUY/TRADE - PM me
    Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state. - Michigan Constitution, Article I, § 6

elbow pads

are a good idea. Might not be necessary if wearing a sweatshirt...but nice to have in the bag if you decided to use them. Get the kind that are soft NOT the tacti-cool kind that have plastic cups on them, all they do is roll around and you can't get steady. I actually use cheap volleyball knee pads.

Oh, and bring plenty of water. Even when it's cool out you'll need to stay hydrated.

Looking forward to meeting you all this weekend.

I am a Forum User
    There has to be a couple more coming from MGO.

I am a Forum User
    I'll be there with my girlfriend. We are signed up for both days but I am pretty sure we will only be coming saturday due to family issues.

Moparspocom on MGO will be there with his girlfriend as well.

Weather

The weather was just miserable on saturday. I personally would like to thank all the Appleseeders for showing up. If you left early no one would hold it against you. It was just awful at times. Sunday afternoon was great, the sun came out and some people were seen without rain suits. I guess we were rewarded for lasting that long. For the ones who stayed till the end, I give you a personal HUZZAH!! The shoot was fun for ALL the instructors. One rifleman was forged and several were close.
    I love my country but I fear my government- Mark Scott r.i.p.

What would George Washington do? I bet he would get off his ass and fight.

This is a link to the Appleseed After Action Report...

Quote Originally Posted by johnzilla
    Have fun everyone! Post an after-class report if you can.
    Be sure to check out the pics link to see what a fun time we had in the ankle deep mud. You couldn't stand in one place too long or you'd get stuck. I'll let someone here post an AAR before I chime in.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17362.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast