Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Winchester 69A - School Me

I was given this rifle after my grandfather passed away years ago. It has been sitting in my closet, un-touched since then. What is this firearm worth? Can I still get parts for it? What is the best way to maintain / get this thing in firing order. The bolt action moves freely and the trigger depresses pretty good. I don't have a bore light so have not checked the bore yet. In general other than some minor scratches on the wood it looks in pretty good shape. What else should I know about these things?

Thanks.
    Andy

1fmj
    You have a standard mod. 69A. Value in todays market
    about $125.00 to $150.00.<1FMJ>

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fmj
    Thanks ordered a magazine for it today, that was the only thing I didn't have. Since I know squat about rifles, what should I look for to make sure this is in firing condition? I am going to field strip it tonight most likely to take a look through it all.

Thanks,
    andy

I am a Forum User
    Interesting info. Lots of info on the web if you search.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/lounge/...1-18-11-a.html

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fmj

I would buy every Winchester 69a that you can find in the same condition as the one in question for the price you say they are worth....That price range is for one that is in poor condition, missing parts,cracked stocks and so on...I just sold a Winny 69a about a month ago in 65/70% condition for $275...Nowhere lately have I seen Winny 69's for $125-$150...I would say the value for that rifle pictured is no less than $225 and maybe quite a bit more to the man that just has to have it..They are excellent shooters and still hold a strong following even since production has been ceased for over 47 years..