Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger
    Sure ya can!

Ruger....
    Is that you???

I'm speechless!!:barf:

Quote Originally Posted by JDG
    Ruger....
    Is that you???

I'm speechless!!:barf:

I know, what a hunk I've lost a few pounds, Thanks for noticing

I am a Forum User
    Too bad you got a poorly finished part .
    Here's a picture of mine , looks like I need to stop shooting and do a little cleaning . Lube and lint makes it look like it needs a shave .
    This thing has never failed period , going on three years , at least 200 rounds between cleanings .
    You can pay any amount and have failures , I know of one Kimber thats a paper weight and another that's trying to get one "BROKEN IN" . The old Taurus just keeps plugging on , from the first round on . Same with my 10 year old G26 reliable , reliable , reliable .

Last edited by Easyrider49; 08-28-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider49
    Here's a picture of mine , looks like I need to stop shooting and do a little cleaning . Lube and lint makes it look like it needs a shave .
    This thing has never failed period , going on three years , at least 200 rounds between cleanings .
    You can pay any amount and have failures , I know of one Kimber thats a paper weight and another that's trying to get one "BROKEN IN" . The old Taurus just keeps plugging on , from the first round on . Same with my 10 year old G26 reliable , reliable , reliable .

Looks like you spray welded on that there!

I am a Forum User
    i completely disagree with the way you see things.
    i am MORE than willing to buy a quality gun with a high price tag before buying 3 cheap ones and having to worry about what will go wrong next.
    you get what you pay for.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joelansing
    A Glock is the same as a Hi-Point. One is made of steel, the other is plastic

quite honestly one of the least informed and least valuable posts on mgo.

glocks and hi points are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
    capacity
    design and operation. and quality

Thanks for the name of that part. I only bash expensive guns because they are easy targets, I can't afford them, and it's fun! I love all firearms except for a tiny PF-9 I had that jumped too bad for me. Maybe it was the 9BPLE +P+ ammo? I even really like my dysfunctional PT145. Can't wait to get it back. I got a Crimson Trace Rail Master laser waiting for it.

I ended up sending it back to Taurus. The phone call hold time was not good, like 30 minutes. The very nice lady Susan Vegas that took my call offered to send me any part I wanted, or have me ship the pistol back. She said right now they are running at 2 weeks turn around on repairs. I told her I thought it was a defective bolt and I wanted a matching serial number so I would send it in. She offered to send me a prepaid box and Fed-Ex would pick it up at my house, or just send me a prepaid Fed-Ex label. I opted for just a label and she emailed it to me while I was on the phone with her. She apologized for their hold times and said it will be down to less than 5 minutes soon. One interesting thing was the shipping label had it shipping to Her at Taurus. I heard Taurus was revamping the CS department. Maybe having the person taking the call responsible for the repair is a step in that process? So far so good. And I did call in on a Monday. I hear Monday isn't a good day to call there as far as hold times go..

We'll see how it goes. I included a photo of the bolt gouges, a list of items included (mags, serial number, original box) and a description of the problem. With any luck I'll have it back in 3 weeks and they will toss in an extra mag or 2 for free like Hi-Point and Kel-Tec does with DOA weapons.

- Joe

Attachment 18060
    I've got 3 guitars, more handguns, more ammo, not as much hair, but I got the belly going on. I have a nice camera with a timer and a tripod. Want me to make an unofficial MGO calendar for you guys?

- Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider49

I love your photo! What camera did you use? I used a Canon SX30is. A friend looked at my photo and asked me if I used an electron microscope, but yours looks even better. On my bolt it was rusty at the place with the gouges. I gave it 2 light swipes with the wifes metal nail file (don't tell her!) to get the rust off. My photo the entire end of that part looks like soft chalk or something. It's all white and doesn't even look like steel. I wonder if that's part of the problem.
    - Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Dabears!
    quite honestly one of the least informed and least valuable posts on mgo.

glocks and hi points are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
    capacity
    design and operation. and quality
    At least I included information on their construction and capacity and price to backup my claims. You included no facts at all. So who's post is least valuable? The opinion of someone selling guns that is pushing the more expensive = more profit item is always suspect. I rarely trust the opinion of a salesman to lead me to the best bang for the buck when they are commission based. I'm sure you are very knowledgeable, but facts are always nice. I like Glocks. But I'll buy 2 guns. 1 Taurus plus 1 Kel-Tec any day of the week instead of just 1 Glock for the same price if they all function the same for my purposes. A lot of it is individual experiences. Maybe you had more problems with cost effective weapons than I have. I haven't experienced any miracles of quality from buying expensive weapons yet so maybe I am dumb? My most expensive weapons are a $799 Stag Arms Model 3 and a Taurus PT99 AFSS. We are all entitled to opinions. Thank you for calling mine least valuable and least informed.
    - Joe
    Last edited by joelansing; 08-29-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast