Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

M&P Shield Recall

Buddy of mine is a dealer and received this email and later S&W confirmed the issue
    To All Smith & Wesson Customers:

Smith & Wesson is in the process of announcing a Safety Alert relating to the lower trigger on M&P Shield pistols. We should be in a position to provide you with more details as to the scope of the affected pistols in a few days. In the meantime, please stop all sales and shipments of M&P Shield pistols pending further notice. We appreciate your assistance in ensuring that the products we provide to customers meet our high standards for quality and safety. -Smith & Wesson

Brown Bear Sporting Goods Inc. Re: S&W M&P Shield Recall
    from Sue to you

Yes
    Please hold all sales. More information to follow.

Sue

Sent from my iPhone

I am a Forum User

S&W SHIELD RECALL

I thought I would put this out for everyone to be aware of. Smith & Wesson has sent out a message to all gun dealers/distributors. Do not sell any Shields until further notice due to something wrong with the lower trigger. S&W has announced more to follow in the next few days. So if you own a Shield they are advising not to shoot it anymore for safety reasons until fixed by S&W. I will post more as I hear more.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUGHBOY RACING
    Buddy of mine is a dealer and received this email and later S&W confirmed the issue
    To All Smith & Wesson Customers:

Smith & Wesson is in the process of announcing a Safety Alert relating to the lower trigger on M&P Shield pistols. We should be in a position to provide you with more details as to the scope of the affected pistols in a few days. In the meantime, please stop all sales and shipments of M&P Shield pistols pending further notice. We appreciate your assistance in ensuring that the products we provide to customers meet our high standards for quality and safety. -Smith & Wesson

Brown Bear Sporting Goods Inc. Re: S&W M&P Shield Recall
    from Sue to you

Yes
    Please hold all sales. More information to follow.

Sue

Sent from my iPhone
    George is your Buddy?

Anyway,wonder how the folks will feel with the altered triggers ?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE
    George is your Buddy?

Anyway,wonder how the folks will feel with the altered triggers ?
    Never met him personally but we FB Chat after I beacame a customer and liked his page, he is a very nice guy

I am a Forum User
    I hope you posted this jokingly ?? Unfortunately some people might take this seriously.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...1_757781_image

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tote'ngranny
    I hope you posted this jokingly ?? Unfortunately some people might take this seriously.

Its not a joke Granny look at my post my buddy received the email and response from S&W

I am a Forum User
    MY LGS has received nothing from S&W, and I am finding nothing on the S&W site .. except for the .40 awhile back dropping the mag.

Account Closed

Question

Quote Originally Posted by vetguns
    I thought I would put this out for everyone to be aware of. Smith & Wesson has sent out a message to all gun dealers/distributors. Do not sell any Shields until further notice due to something wrong with the lower trigger. S&W has announced more to follow in the next few days. So if you own a Shield they are advising not to shoot it anymore for safety reasons until fixed by S&W. I will post more as I hear more.
    Source?

I am a Forum User
    This is for VERY recently manufactured Shield.

TomE, If I saw a Shield come in with this very minor issue, I would advise the owner to get it corrected before I performed any work.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MI-1911
    Source?
    quick google-** turned up
    http://texasgunblog.com/archives/12455

"To All Smith & Wesson Customers

Smith & Wesson is in the process of announcing a Safety Alert relating to the lower trigger on M&P Shield pistols. We should be in a position to provide you with more details as to the scope of the affected pistols in a few days. In the meantime, please stop all sales and shipments of M&P Shield pistols pending further notice. We appreciate your assistance in ensuring that the products we provide to customers meet our high standards for quality and safety."
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...ld-recall.html

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast