Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

My Dan Wesson CBob at 5000+ rounds.

I'm a pretty new member here so I thought I'd throw in at least one thorough post about my favorite handgun. I figure who doesn't love a good rundown on a gun right?

Okay, hopefully I can get to the range soon here and give some recent/new target pics. For the record it still shoots like a champ...ridiculously accurate and very tight. I still use the wrench to take it apart even after 5000 rounds because it will make my fingers bleed during disassembly otherwise (I work in an office for you calloused guys). The only part that has been changed since purchase is 1 new recoil spring. Other than that I haven't messed with it. Bone stock.

This is my EDC gun. It has the wear and tear to prove it, but it looks pretty good in the first picture...just don't mind the over-travel screw. It has since been taken care of. I carry it in various holsters, my favorite of which is my HBE COM-3 IWB. It is by far the most comfortable holster I have ever used in combination with a Galco gun belt. I have other OWB's and a Miami Classic on order, but the HBE is just awesome. Worth every penny.

I don't have pics of it detail stripped...but here's a few during the last cleaning. Again, I'm not positive on the exact round count, but it's somewhere well over 5000. It has been absolutely flawless with the exception of a bad batch (see: first attempt) of reloads that were out of spec and one of the magazines it shipped with was no good (quickly replaced w/one phone call to DW CS). It has gone as many as 1100 rounds without cleaning and it didn't choke and I had no indication it would any time soon. Usually sees 200-500 before a thorough cleaning. When I first started and didn't know any better I just used 3 in 1 oil and kept it wet and just wiped it down with said 3 in 1 oil. I know better now and for the past 3000rds it's been Hoppes #9 (love the smell!) for cleaning and then FP-10 for lube. I find this is a combo that cleans up much better with a lot less effort. Needless to say, being my first handgun and first 1911 it hasn't had the perfect owner and I've made a few mistakes. All in all I couldn't be more satisfied. Paid $919 in January of '08 for this, a late 2007 model. It has over runs on the checkering and whatnot, but none of that stuff bothers me. The night sights still glow brightly. It runs like crazy and it's still my favorite handgun to shoot even though I've added quite a bit to the collection since this purchase.

Very Shiny...you guys with soul-less black guns can eat your heart out

This was my first 1911 when I got it over 2 years ago and it has the idiot scratch to prove it.

Fitting is very tight if not perfect....cocked 'n locked of course.

Perfect throat...runs like a champ.

Before you say anything, just the camera was over the barrel even after checked and triple checked.

My personal caliber of choice...it is a 1911 after all. I find the recoil to be easily soaked up by the all-steel frame. Admittedly my next Dan Wesson will either be a Valor or hopefully I can find a PM-9 which is a full-size version in 9mm. It'd be a lot of fun for IDPA style stuff and cheaper ammo.

Last edited by sevenplusone; 03-02-2010 at 05:29 AM.

I am a Forum User
    You have a very nice CBOB!!!
    When I bought my CBOB I thought DW had custom made it to fit my hands. Very soon once my wife grabbed it, I had a hard time getting it back. LOL's
    She couldn't believe how well it fit her hands.
    They make some very fine 1911's and they are made to last a life time as long as you are willing to do minimum maintenance on them!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing
    You have a very nice CBOB!!!
    When I bought my CBOB I thought DW had custom made it to fit my hands. Very soon once my wife grabbed it, I had a hard time getting it back. LOL's
    She couldn't believe how well it fit her hands.
    They make some very fine 1911's and they are made to last a life time as long as you are willing to do minimum maintenance on them!!
    I know how you feel. After I handled one nothing else felt quite right. I had been looking at some other 1911s (Springer, Colt, etc) as well has H&Ks, M&Ps, XD's, all the usual suspects...but I just kept coming back to this one. I eventually had to have it as nothing else was going to be what I wanted.

Even now after owning/shooting/trying other platforms this is my favorite. I'm a 1911 junkie. The grip is so slim and comfy. It conceals fantastic. I absolutely love it.

Well thank Bob Serva of Fusion Firearms....Thats his baby!

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Beautiful gun and great report. As far as the CBOB, that is a gun I wish I liked. I have been shooting 1911s since age 8 (now 43). The bobtail feels absolutely wrong to me with the change in grip. BUT, if everybody liked the same thing there would not be so many different gun manufacturers!
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User
    Beautiful firearm you have there. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I too love the smell of Hoppe's #9. (If they made it in a perfume, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off my wife!)

I am a Forum User
    That looks like it's new!! Other than the bob I love it! I'll bet the slide is smooth as silk now too.

I think every block and xd lover should handle and shoot a gun like that.

I am a Forum User
    I love CZ and Dan Wessons, very jealous of you man.

I am a Forum User
    Beautiful piece. Hope you enjoy the next 5000 rounds as much as the first.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the kind words everybody!

I'll be sure to give a range report when I hit 10000 or 20000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast