PDA

View Full Version : Videos from RSC IDPA Match 7-31-2010

Will-IB-Ready
07-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Pretty good match today. Fun stages, good shooters, no rain...

Here's me:

0t6WGLXWEcU

My buddy Jensen's first ever match:

4hdNoxLGMzY

And wJake19:

GWnakb-kuu8

Toledo Kid
07-31-2010, 11:00 PM
:thumbup:

oltimer2
07-31-2010, 11:12 PM
Chris,
Glad to see you made it out today, looks like all shot very well, as I would expect! I ended up bogged down with little odd jobs and worked up a new load for the 40. I finished my g-lock frankenstein grip job and it rocks, butt out, head high! I did get out to shoot a couple rounds with the kid next door. Love that grip, the pmags turned good also.
Again congrats on the shooting and Jensen looks real good at the line also. Drag him to the acts match next. Dan

Will-IB-Ready
07-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Take some pics of the work you did or bring it along when you come into town.

JimSig
07-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Chris.. Now that's Rock 'n Roll.. Good shooting and that Glock 19 is awsome..:cheers:

Will-IB-Ready
07-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Chris.. Now that's Rock 'n Roll.. Good shooting and that Glock 19 is awsome..:cheers:
Gracias amigo.

JimSig
07-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Gracias amigo.
Oh yes.. and nice music by the way.....

Will-IB-Ready
07-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Ahh good, you got the reference.

Rodrigo y Gabriella. My favorite flaminco guitarists. They admit to being heavily influenced my American Heavy Metal, specifically Metallica.:grin:

JimSig
07-31-2010, 11:42 PM
Ahh good, you got the reference.

Rodrigo y Gabriella. My favorite flaminco guitarists. They admit to being heavily influenced my American Heavy Metal, specifically Metallica.:grin:
Well, that explains it now.. I mean the way you were dancing with your glock 19.. Now, really that was good shooting and smooth target acquisitin and double tabs.. Specially the last one.. Your glock was controlled properly almost no muzzle flip in the double tabs..

mini4m3
08-01-2010, 12:32 AM

+1

Red Sector A
08-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Chris,

First off great shooting and the video work was good as well. I cant find fault with your shooting from a tactical standpoint... nice work.. but from an IDPA standpoint .. they seemed pretty lenient at that club

I saw many muzzle violations during your reloads.. and is that a Light I saw on your gun? Last I saw that was not allowed in any class.

Like I said. great shooting.. just not IDPA acurrate. Though from what I saw I imagine your not in it for the 'gaming' :)

wJAKE19
08-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Red,

this is not IDPA, just "IDPA like" defensive pistol compition. we dont break down shooters by class, just divisions, and we shoot what we carry. lights/lasers ect... verry laid back and shooters shoot the way they see fit, as long as its safe.. notice finger disipline during reloads, movement, and other weapon manuipulaion. we strive to keep it safe, but let the shooter shoot the the stage the way they are trained.

dougwg
08-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Many IDPA rules are silly and NOT real world.

They need to be changed.

Excellent shooting and video guys!

Will-IB-Ready
08-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Chris,

First off great shooting and the video work was good as well. I cant find fault with your shooting from a tactical standpoint... nice work.. but from an IDPA standpoint .. they seemed pretty lenient at that club

I saw many muzzle violations during your reloads.. and is that a Light I saw on your gun? Last I saw that was not allowed in any class.

Like I said. great shooting.. just not IDPA acurrate. Though from what I saw I imagine your not in it for the 'gaming' :)
Hey Red. Thanks for the comments and compliments. I appreciate it. But yeah, Jake and you pretty much nailed my feelings about it. I like to use what I carry everyday, I like to reload the way I've been trained etc... If you watch some of my other IDPA vids you'll see that I have been yelled at for bringing my muzzle up into my workspace, and I understand why the rules are there, it's just not a good habit to get into. So if they wanted to penalize or kick me out, that'd be fine. I'd take my ball and go home. :grin:
But so far, everyone in that group is pretty flexible as long as you keep it safe. Good group of folks out there.:badass:

Will-IB-Ready
08-01-2010, 02:11 PM
One more video for y'all. This one's a compilation of mostly stuff you didn't get to see in the other vids.

Enjoy!

9-ZQDFFa5Kw

Red Sector A
08-01-2010, 02:49 PM
.. there are several rules I would change in the IDPA shooting.. in the clubwhere I shoot if I reloaded like that I would be penalized and after a couple more times sent home.. with my ball :) I agree your reload is technically and tactically superior and I did notice the finger discipline.. well done.

Nice Videos btw. Wish this club was on the east side of the state. :)

Dark5ide
08-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Good work on the shooting and videos.

Donīt shake that Glock too much, you might give it Shaken Glock Syndrome.

Will-IB-Ready
08-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Good work on the shooting and videos.

Donīt shake that Glock too much, you might give it Shaken Glock Syndrome.
I know. If the sound was up, you would have heard me say "Terrible" during that first El Prez drill. Everytime that happens, I imagine Steve screaming in my face: "Come on Superhero, you going to shake that thing all day!"

Will-IB-Ready
08-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Ok. Scores are finally up.

http://www.rockfordsportsmansclub.com/IDPA/IDPA%20Scores%20-%20July%2031.pdf

It looks like Jake beat me by a good 5 seconds this time. No worries, I got him in the El Prez competition.

Congrats to Guenther, (I don't know if he's on this board or not) on 2nd place.

DERTY
08-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Chris shot on Jake's squad, so Chris's muzzle discipline is Jake's fault! :)

We'll do more to watch a lot of our other less polished shooters to get their muzzles down in the dirt and below the berms. For the IDPA regulars we'll run them more like they're used to but we're reasonably flexible to provide a fun safe shoot. Like Jake said, RSC is a IDPA-like setup. All that means is we follow their method of scoring and divisions. Our primary focus is not on the heavy hitting IDPA types, but they are very welcome to come to all of our events. We really want those that really do not want to get into the competition aspects too deeply but do want to get some reasonably good experience with their daily carry firearms. It's worked incredibly well and a lot of our shooters have improved substantially in their own personal capabilities using this format.

For those that want lots of practice, we certainly welcome them. If you're looking for more of a match like experience with lots more moving targets and whirly gigs SKSC is really the place to go for that. We are working on adding more fun steel and moving targets. It just takes time and space to accumulate all of the props. We're primarily focused on giving people that would otherwise not compete in a competition like event an atmosphere to continually work on their skills. All of us enjoy it when the IDPA regulars show up to our shoots too. It makes it fun for them to watch.

We have three more events at RSC this year. Sept 12 and 26 are both our daytime events on our range. Oct 13 is our outdoor evening event and we will allow lights and lasers, shooters discretion, at that event. We will have a few indoor events mid-winter as well. More details to follow as those dates get locked down. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

-Steve