PDA

View Full Version : Another "FNG"!

MI redneck
08-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Hello all!

While I've been "lurking" other boards for years, and this one a couple months, I felt compelled to step from behind cover, and "expose myself".

Am very glad i found this "local" board and hope I can contribute at least
as much as I gain from it. I might ask in advance that you excuse my
typing and spelling (and sometimes attempts at humor!)

I'm a certified "gun nut" :twisted: and interested in all aspects of firearms, especially CCW, selfdefense and 2nd amendment issuses.

Looking forward to spending more of my "online time" here!

best regards,

Tallbear
08-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Glad you stopped in and let us know you. We have some great people here and the info we share is sometimes humorous.

There are two other websites I'd like to introduce you to.........

www.firearmsalliance.org and www.michigan2a.org

We are in partners with these fine organizations and will be working with them to secure and advance our second amendment rights. Along with make this a safer place for all to enjoy.

Autumnlovr
08-13-2004, 06:08 AM
Welcome! We accept any color necks around here!

mkls0
08-13-2004, 07:17 AM
HI welcome Ok I will ask the one Q. we all have what do you shoot ???? :D

bluethunder
08-13-2004, 08:01 AM
Howdy and Welcome, Red Neck! Hope you'll enjoy the site as much as the rest of us. Heck, maybe you'll even think about joining our 'little group'. Looking forward to seeing you face to face at one of our shoots. And as Lauren said, we accept all color necks here. :D

G22
08-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Hi MI redneck, glad to have ya around.

Are you south enough to dove hunt when it opens?

I shoot Glocks but recently I've been expanding my horizons into the AR15 area's. I'm building a kit AR from Model 1 sales with the help of karcent as my guide. (great guy, you'll see him around here with awsome gun & ammo deals).

Welcome aboard 8)

bluethunder
08-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi MI redneck, glad to have ya around.

Are you south enough to dove hunt when it opens?

I shoot Glocks but recently I've been expanding my horizons into the AR15 area's. I'm building a kit AR from Model 1 sales with the help of karcent as my guide. (great guy, you'll see him around here with awsome gun & ammo deals).

Welcome aboard 8)

You'll really like that AR, Kevin. And it's easier than any other thing I've put together, including model cars and planes :D . You going with a pre-assembled upper?

G22
08-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Yes, pre assembled upper. Standard flat top 24" stainless. Lower from Kurt with trigger job. Ordered leupold mark 4 3x9x40 scope w/rings also from Kurt.

bluethunder
08-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Sounds great. That 24" barell will really be nice. Mi redneck, if you don't already own a AR, I'll bet it gets added to your Wish List. And as self described gun nut, I'll bet you know how that can be. Somehow :roll: this group will do that to you.

MI redneck
08-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Thanks TallBear for the links, will check them out.

What do I shoot.......? Well darn near anything! From paper to clay pidgons to bowling pins and steel plates. I hope to have a modest 100yd "range" set up in the backyard by next summer.

As to the "hardware", well lets just say, I never met a gun I didnt like!

G22, I live in Branch co. Dont know if it or the counties next door will be open for doves, I may look into it.
Good luck on the AR build, I was bitten by that bug last year and ended up with a bushmaster "shorty".(Love It!)
Let us know how the build goes as i may just Have to have another(for the wife of course :wink: ) and might take the plunge and do it Myself

If, that is, my budget can recover from my recent affliction of 1911'itis!!!
:)

Barbara
08-13-2004, 09:15 PM
We're practically neighbors, and yep..you should have a dove season.

enfield
08-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Welcome FNG, from a FOG. Pull up a stump and sit by the fire! :hick:

Jim Rund
08-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Welcomw MI Redneck I just got on board a while back and I will tell you as another new guy everyone here is great. any questions they will help you out if they can. Very friendly group and be sure to check in often,lots of good info here. Again welcome

MI redneck
08-18-2004, 01:08 AM
"FOG"....LMBO!!!

Thanks enfield and jim.

Hope to see 'round the foum!!

:cheers:

MI redneck
08-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Just to clarify for all,

To Me, "Redneck", means, Self reliant, Do it Yer'self, Backwoods, Country type Fella.

Thanks again for the hospitality!

And by the way, what are You gonna do Nov. 2nd :?:

M1911A1
08-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Welcome to the boards!
I sure hope you enjoy the conversation around here and consider joining up with the organization. Look in to those other groups that tallbear pointed you to. They are doing some great things and will welcome another gun nut too!

MI redneck
08-30-2004, 11:37 PM
M1911A1,

Thank You for the welcome.

I gotta tell Ya, the more time I spend here, the more I like it!

And after reading some of Your posts, I find I like Your sense of humor too!

Its nice to hang out with like minded "local" folks

I look forward to making it to a "event" in the future and putting a face with names.

Again, Thank You to all.

sprink
08-31-2004, 07:49 PM
There is an "event" the 10th at The Firing Line in Westland. It would be nice to see you there.

Link:

http://www.mgouc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6985

M1911A1
08-31-2004, 08:16 PM
M1911A1,

Thank You for the welcome.

I gotta tell Ya, the more time I spend here, the more I like it!

And after reading some of Your posts, I find I like Your sense of humor too!

Its nice to hang out with like minded "local" folks

I look forward to making it to a "event" in the future and putting a face with names.

Again, Thank You to all.

Thank you for the compliment. I'll second Sprink's suggestion to make the fun shoot that is coming up.

MI redneck
08-31-2004, 11:53 PM
There is an "event" the 10th at The Firing Line in Westland. It would be nice to see you there.

Thanks, but, being on a friday makes it next to impossible. :(

Maybe next time? :pistols:

Best,

sprink
09-01-2004, 06:52 PM
I understand. I prefer Saturday night for most activities. Hope you can make the next one.