PDA

View Full Version : IPSC @ DSC 8/13-15

Autumnlovr
08-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Is anyone shooting the IPSC State Shoot at Detroit Sportsmans Congress this weekend? I'll be working the shoot this Sunday, not sure if I'm doing registration, serving lunch, picking up score sheets or what (probably all of the above!). They've got some REALLY good stages set up, one even has a helicopter with a mini-gun. I went down there this past Monday for a sneak-peek. Looks like the shooters are going to have a great time.

mitommy
08-15-2004, 11:30 AM
I saw this post to late.
I've never shot IPSC. I have been shooting IDPA and love that. I'd like to watch an IPSIC event or even tru one if some one were willing to coach me thru it sometime.

Kimber45
08-15-2004, 03:42 PM
email sent.

Tommy, this match was the USPSA Michigan 5 Handgun match. You have to be a USPSA member to shoot it and because it is a Level III tournemnt it is quite pricey fo a first timer.

keyjockey
08-15-2004, 08:49 PM
mitommy wrote:

I'd like to watch an IPSIC event or even tru one if some one were willing to coach me thru it sometime.

Tommy,

There is an IPSC handgun match at Livingston Gun Club this coming weekend 8-22. Twenty bucks gets you 5-7 stages of fun. You can come to watch, but I'd suggest that you bring your gear and sign up to shoot. The RO's are very helpful, especially to first time shooters. The best way to learn is to get in there.

We shoot handgun on the fourth Sunday of each month and 3-gun on the second Sunday.

I'm the Match Director for the upcoming match, and I'd like to see you there.

If you need directions, e-mail or PM me.

Kurgan
08-15-2004, 09:09 PM
mitommy wrote:

I'd like to watch an IPSIC event or even tru one if some one were willing to coach me thru it sometime.

Tommy,

There is an IPSC handgun match at Livingston Gun Club this coming weekend 8-22.

I'm the Match Director for the upcoming match...

I was going to email someone at LGC but perhaps you can answer it for me.

Can someone bring a PCC alone and shoot in the handgun matches or must they shoot handgun and their PCC is the additional gun after everyone in the squad has gone through the stage?

mitommy
08-16-2004, 02:34 PM
KeyJockey & Kimber45, Thanks for the Info.
I'm hoping to make it this Sunday.
I think I'll plan to bring my stuff. I know shooting is more fun than just watching.

How many rounds will I need?
What else will I need?
(In IDPA I use a Glock 34, kydex holster, double mag pouch & I have 5 - 10 round mags)

Kimber45
08-16-2004, 02:46 PM
KeyJockey & Kimber45, Thanks for the Info.
I'm hoping to make it this Sunday.
I think I'll plan to bring my stuff. I know shooting is more fun than just watching.

How many rounds will I need?
What else will I need?
(In IDPA I use a Glock 34, kydex holster, double mag pouch & I have 5 - 10 round mags)

It wouldn't hurt to have another double mag pouch. Stages will run from 16-18 rounds to 24-30. Your 34 is fine and you can shoot in the Production Division. We get new shooters regularly - just let the RO know and you'll get all the help you need. Oh, Bring 150 rounds, that will be more than enough.

keyjockey
08-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Can someone bring a PCC alone and shoot in the handgun matches or must they shoot handgun and their PCC is the additional gun after everyone in the squad has gone through the stage?

PCC alone is OK. A lot of the PCC shooters do just that.

C'mon out Jim.

sprink
08-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Bring the PCC Jim, leave the pistol at home.

First time out Jim whipped me. :wink:

Ken P
08-16-2004, 08:30 PM
John or keyjockey...

can you PM me the directions and times...

I can't shoot :( I've got a problem with my eye right now, but I'd love to watch with the good one!

Kurgan
08-17-2004, 06:13 AM
Bring the PCC Jim, leave the pistol at home.

First time out Jim whipped me. :wink:

Yeah right! Ha! I'm actually heading over to Firling Line tonight to try out the USC, get it sighted in, etc. I know Tommy wants to check it out.

I talked to Wah, I think he may go Sunday too. He hasn't been out shooting in ages either...too busy with the gun shop and shows.

keyjockey
08-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Ken,

You have a PM. :D

Ken P
08-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Ken,

You have a PM. :D

got em...thanks (you too John!)

sprink
08-17-2004, 08:35 PM
I talked to Wah Sunday too. Now I have another hole in my head, .........I mean a new shotgun. :D

mitommy
08-23-2004, 11:10 AM
I just wanted to drop a note back to say what a good time I had Sunday at the IPSC match at Livingston Gun Club. It was a top notch event with great stages and a helpful & friendly staff.

Special thanks to KeyJockey and Kimber45 for getting me directions and explaining what I would need. It was nice to see some of the other members of this board there also. I heard one name that I hope to hear less of "MIKE" (for missed the target).

After this event I realized I have a problem. I work as a S.O. at my club's IDPA matches on the 4th Saturday and the IPSC event is the 4th Sunday. How do I get away from home for the WHOLE WEEKEND?
Not to mention other shooting I want to do, having to keep up with reloading... Oh well, I' sure I'm not the olny one with this problem.