PDA

View Full Version : South Kent IDPA 8-8-10 Hat Cam Video

jeepinrrt
08-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Sorry for the poor camera positioning on this, I thought I had it all figured out on the bill of the cap but it was obviously too low. I will have it ironed out before states. Even though its not the best, you get the idea of the stages. I did forget to turn on the camera for stage 6 with the double pop ups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M3I3-uKh_o

wJAKE19
08-08-2010, 07:32 PM
stage 6 was cool.

that was a cool set up you had, keep working on it, and good shooting.

jeepinrrt
08-08-2010, 07:53 PM
stage 6 was cool.

that was a cool set up you had, keep working on it, and good shooting.

I know, hard, very hard, but still very fun. I was upset I forgot to turn on the cam, but its not like it would have been stellar video anyhow.

Thanks, but Lets not jump the gun on the shooting until the scores come out. :togo: I felt and look real slow, compared to what I feel I can do. Oh well, more trigger time in the next few weeks are in order.

wJAKE19
08-08-2010, 08:03 PM
on thing i saw with your grip is you need to get your thumbs un crossed, this will put more meat on the frame and provide more controll of the gun.

Will-IB-Ready
08-08-2010, 08:28 PM
The quality of the video was really good. What kind of setup is it?

jeepinrrt
08-08-2010, 08:58 PM
on thing i saw with your grip is you need to get your thumbs un crossed, this will put more meat on the frame and provide more controll of the gun.

I went and tried that out, It helps a lot, THANKS!!

And I just thought my glock was shooting left :smile:

jeepinrrt
08-08-2010, 09:00 PM
The quality of the video was really good. What kind of setup is it?

I was running a contour HD in 720. It is the older model, the new ones shoot in 1080.

During the upload, I lost a TON of quality, my iMovie files are night and day compared to the you tube link.

wJAKE19
08-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Me and a couple of the guys are getting togeather next week (8-17) if you want to come along and get some more trigger time before the state match.

and Rockford has a match this Sat. 8-14

your welcome to come out with us.

jeepinrrt
08-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Me and a couple of the guys are getting togeather next week (8-17) if you want to come along and get some more trigger time before the state match.

The 8-14 may be an option depending on a few things, but I would like to make it.

The 8-17 day would work out great. PM me some details and I'll be there.

The results are in, you shot very well, good job!!

I didn't do as bad as I thought, but I have a lot of work to do to shave 20 seconds to catch you guys.

gvlaker
08-08-2010, 09:48 PM

I would be interested in the practice, I just started shooting this year so I am not even close to being for a competition, but I will love to practice.

DodgeBoy
08-09-2010, 06:06 AM

+2

I shoot IDPA at tri-county. If you guys ever make it out that way feel free to drop me a PM, I'm always up to meet people from MGO.

Will-IB-Ready
08-09-2010, 07:27 AM
During the upload, I lost a TON of quality,
Yeah, that's always the case...

Thanks though. I might try to add something like that to my videos.

cl76
08-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Nice video. Hopefully I will see you on the 17th for some practice. I am looking forward to it. I have a new belt to break in before the state match.

BigBadAllis
08-11-2010, 09:07 PM

What kind of shooting are you doing in Rockford? Is it a match? IDPA?

Jason

BigBadAllis
08-11-2010, 09:18 PM

Jason

Will-IB-Ready
08-11-2010, 09:58 PM

Jason
Yes. This Saturday is an IDPA match at the Rockford Sportsman's Club.
It's $10 for non club members and goes from 1pm - 4pm.

wJAKE19
08-12-2010, 07:43 AM
if you show up, jump in my squad.

cl76
08-12-2010, 10:37 AM
if you show up, jump in my squad.

I will be there with bells on....Jake don't forget my G19 mag carrier to borrow for the day. Thanks again.

wJAKE19
08-12-2010, 11:41 AM
got it chris, already in my range bag.
if you have bells on, i'm getting video and posting it on here. :birthday:

Will-IB-Ready
08-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I thought you couldn't go Jake?

I think Jensen might come out again, I'll be at ACTS and he doesn't feel ready for that yet.

cl76
08-12-2010, 12:49 PM
got it chris, already in my range bag.
if you have bells on, i'm getting video and posting it on here. :birthday:

I might even see if my daughter will let me borrow some of her necklaces to go with the bells. :brow:

miked
08-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Nice video, even with the low angle.

I went out and shot the practice league at Linden last night. This was my first time shooting IDPA and now I'm hooked. :thumbup:

cl76
08-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Nice video, even with the low angle.

I went out and shot the practice league at Linden last night. This was my first time shooting IDPA and now I'm hooked. :thumbup:

Be careful miked - I shot my first match about a month ago and have shot 2 more since - it is very addicting (and fun).

FYI - your avatar is freakin' me out man.