PDA

View Full Version : Foaming Bore Cleaners

Dale
08-31-2004, 02:06 PM
I have just come across a couple of ads for foaming bore cleaners. Being lazy, I am willing to try anything but I hate wasting money. Fifteen minutes and no scrubbing can't be beat! :D

Has anyone had any experience with these products? Do they work as they say they do (like magic if you believe the ads)? :?:

ANIMAL
08-31-2004, 09:51 PM
I got some stuff called "wipe out" $12.00 for a 5oz can but it works and you just need a little squirt, a bit longer one for rifles.

ADVERTIZES that it..

disolves carbon, copper fouling, brass fouling, bronze fouling, black powder fouling and smokeless powder fouling.

seems to work on for me

and its safe for stainless steel, carbon steel and gunstock finishes.
its also oderless and has no acid or amonia

let it set for about 10 minutes and wipe out. I can do all my guns at once
if I'm just cleaning the bore in about 1 hour. give em all a spritz wait 10 minutes and wipe. it even has rust inhibiters in it but i give em an extra dose of light oil anyway.

mitommy
09-01-2004, 12:58 PM
I use CLP. It normally dosen't foan unless I'm using it to clean after Wolf ammo. (I won't do that again)

HK USP
12-28-2004, 09:25 AM
I use CLP. It normally dosen't foan unless I'm using it to clean after Wolf ammo. (I won't do that again)

Use Wolf ammo or use it to clean up after Wolf? Was it the old green cased stuff or the newer gray?

mitommy
12-28-2004, 01:33 PM
I meant I won't use Wolf ammo again.

It was the gray box stuff.

HK USP
12-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Humm that is funny I used the newer stuff in the desert, and cycled over 500 rounds, the stuff shot very clean. The poly coat really made the difference over the old laquer, wich really gunked up the works.