PDA

View Full Version : left-handers and carbines

Thrindle
09-05-2004, 10:53 PM
I'd like to get an MP-5 clone or some other handgun caliber (9mm, .40, or .45 ACP) long gun, but I'm left-handed. I see that some MP-5 clones have an ambidexterous safety, but what about the mag release or charging lever? Has any lefty out there found a good ambidexterous carbine? Any info would be helpful.

Maranatha
09-05-2004, 11:05 PM
The CX4 Storm; you can change everything from right to left, even the ejection Port

Thrindle
09-06-2004, 08:07 PM
I've looked at the Cx4 and I'm not completely sold on it. Any other manufacturers?

Fred Mager
09-07-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm not positive about this but I believe that the "Mech-Tech" carbine conversion for various semi auto pistols is available with left side ejection port. I have one, right hand model, and it shoots well and is reliable and is is designed for +P and +P+ loads. They are available for many semi auto pistols and sell for a little under $300 but you have to buy sights also.

bluethunder
09-08-2004, 11:34 AM
I've looked at the Cx4 and I'm not completely sold on it. Any other manufacturers?

Have you got a chance to 'test drive' one, yet? I invite you to shoot mine. I like it. Although I have not tried it in the southpaw version. :D