PDA

View Full Version : Anti gun salesman at cabelas last night!

RSF
09-08-2004, 08:01 PM
While browsing the used guns at cabela's i overheard the whole conversation between dennis waytt! cabelas gun counter salesman and customer! it went like this!
c: so what do you think of the assualt weapons ban expiring?
dennis: i wish they would extend it or ban all those rifle all together as he points to evil black weapons on shelf, they serve no purpose but to kill, and i have no use for them. nor should anybody else!

now at this point i about collapsed i wrote cabelas and contacted the store! we will see i urge all you to do the same or better yet next time down there go see mr dennis wyatt yourself and ask him in person.

Jim Rund
09-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Wow I'm down there quite a bit and I normally don't pay attention to the names of the salespeople unless they are giving bad service. As of now Iwill really pay attention to name tags and if he is the one who is available Iwill tell him I want another person to help me.

Slatherd
09-08-2004, 09:17 PM
There are many reasons I don't shop @ Cabela's. This just added one more. 8)

RSF
09-08-2004, 10:43 PM
well i will speak to the boss down there again as well, guess bass pro gets my money now! dennis is an mid 40's brown hair, beard glasses, too bad

Randycad
09-09-2004, 12:56 AM
I shop at Gander Mountain in Novi much better prices and no problems so far.
Randy

Autumnlovr
09-09-2004, 05:56 AM
The man is entitled to his opinion, but under the circumstances....he should keep his big mouth shut. I'm sure Cabela's is not in business for one man to lose customers for them. I'd really be interested in the response you get from your letter Deputy. My personal opinion is....he should be demoted to the back room clerk who "has no opinion".

BHP
09-09-2004, 08:06 AM
This reminds me of a situation several years ago when Meijer still sold firearms. My cousin was in the sporting Goods Dept. while a customer was asking the clerk a question about a particular firearm, the customer questioned the clerk when he could not adequately address his questions at which point the clerk said something to the effect of, I don't know anything about guns, I don't even like guns.

On the way out of the store, my cousin encountered the Store Director who as asked if everything was OK with the shopping trip. My cousin informed the Store Director of the incident, the Store Director thanked him for the information and said that clerk would be assigned to a different department within the next 15 minutes.

We have enough battles without gun store employees adding fuel to the fire.

RSF
09-09-2004, 09:24 AM
He can speak as he pleases and have many opinon's as we all do but my god to be saying that while working behind the gun counter jeesh! i should have bought an ar jsut to make him made! i like that gander in novi nice place,

bluethunder
09-09-2004, 11:59 AM
He can speak as he pleases and have many opinon's as we all do but my god to be saying that while working behind the gun counter jeesh! i should have bought an ar jsut to make him made! i like that gander in novi nice place,

Yep, no place for an opinion like that. He can say what he wants, but if it starts to effect sales, I'll bet the company will not take it too lightly. Kinda like the Pope trying to sell condoms. Keep us posted on how this turns out. And, personally, I'm surprised you didn't buy an AR, not because you'd piss him off, :roll: but just because you can't own too many of those fine HDR's. :getsum: