PDA

View Full Version : Is this worth the money. Its a 2nd gen Glock 23 with 9 mags and 4 holster for $500

J Gatz
08-21-2010, 08:41 PM
This guy is selling a 2nd gen Glock 23 with 4 holsters 1 being a forbus paddle and the other 3 Galco leather holsters. Also he is throwing in 9 magazines all for $500 and he will not budge on the price. Is this worth it? What could I sell the G23 mags for? As I surely wont need that many. Thanks guys/gals.

malignity
08-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Not a great deal, but not a terrible one either. I've seen worse, however, I've also seen much better on MGO. Glock magazines new run about $20-35 depending on where you buy them.

Personally, I like the finger grooves Generation 3 offers, but I know they're not for everyone.

J Gatz
08-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the quick responce. Are you saying it isnt a great deal because of it being a Gen 2 Glock. He said it has the finger groves if that helps with anything.

crowens
08-21-2010, 09:02 PM
how is it 2nd gen if it has the finger grooves...Have u seen pics of it?

ColonelKurtz
08-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Most people don't realize what a 1st genreation Glock is, and think the 2nd is the 1st, 3rd is the 2nd, etc.

Sounds like an OK deal to me... if you bought a new Glock, how quickly would buying four holsters and 8 spare mags add up? I'd keep the mags, personally, and sell the holster(s) I didn't want / don't fit.

Edit:
Just FYI. And, "generation 2.5" has finger grooves but no rail.
http://a.imageshack.us/img230/4744/glockframesao0.jpg

J Gatz
08-21-2010, 09:17 PM
No I havent seen a picture. When I called him I asked what generation it was and he said he believes its a second gen since he had it for 7 years. Iam now just getting into glocks so thats the reason I didnt know the differance. He said he only ran through 500rds through it but anyone can say that. I was really thinking about getting a g27 but all reality its not that much smaller.

crowens
08-21-2010, 09:21 PM
No I havent seen a picture. When I called him I asked what generation it was and he said he believes its a second gen since he had it for 7 years. Iam now just getting into glocks so thats the reason I didnt know the differance. He said he only ran through 500rds through it but anyone can say that. I was really thinking about getting a g27 but all reality its not that much smaller.

Ask him if it has a light rail or what ever it is called

Will-IB-Ready
08-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Most people don't realize what a 1st genreation Glock is, and think the 2nd is the 1st, 3rd is the 2nd, etc.

Sounds like an OK deal to me... if you bought a new Glock, how quickly would buying four holsters and 8 spare mags add up? I'd keep the mags, personally, and sell the holster(s) I didn't want / don't fit.
I totally agree on every point here.

Why wouldn't you want 9 or 10 mags? I'm really rough on them, so I'm always rotating them in and out. I try to keep 8 or 10 mags for every weapon system.

You could sell every one of those holsters and buy a Raven or keep the loot. It'd be like getting the Glock and 9 mags for $400 or $420 depending on what you got out of the holsters, maybe even less.

J Gatz
08-21-2010, 09:32 PM
He did say that it did have the light rail. Thanks for all the responces guys. I just sold my Xd 40 subcompact today and want to join to the Glock evil empire lol. I heard the Glock evil empire offers marshmellows and ginger ale to every new convert. lol

crowens
08-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Its a third gen...I would buy it

ColonelKurtz
08-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I heard the Glock evil empire offers marshmellows and ginger ale to every new convert. lol

Naw, that's the Girl Scouts. New Glock converts get kool-aid :hick:

Pecos Bill
08-22-2010, 12:06 PM
I would take the deal if I were into .40's. Looks like you have a lot of options to re-coop some of your money.

Dabears!
08-22-2010, 12:16 PM
its a 3rd gen like stated
Get it its a good deal