PDA

View Full Version : 11 inch troy tube on rifle length gas system?

musashi
08-22-2010, 11:13 PM
I was thinking about picking up a troy trx extreme it is 11 inches long and the bcm website says that it will cover the FSB on a rifle length gas system, but i am not so sure about that. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this of give me a measurement of the rail and a description of where they measured from

musashi
08-23-2010, 10:02 AM
No help from the late night crew, what about bumping it up for the early afternoon crew?

7.62 Nato
08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
crickets.........

...and a bump.

musashi
08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
crickets.........

...and a bump.
Thanks! haha

let's try the after dinner crowd

RECON762WT
08-23-2010, 08:04 PM
I was thinking about picking up a troy trx extreme it is 11 inches long and the bcm website says that it will cover the FSB on a rifle length gas system, but i am not so sure about that. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this of give me a measurement of the rail and a description of where they measured from

Me thinks it NO. I got intrested and started looking and couldn't find exact specs on it, but then I googled "rifle length gas system" and you can clearly see on a 12" hand guard the FSB is right at the end of the rail uncovered.

musashi
08-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Me thinks it NO. I got intrested and started looking and couldn't find exact specs on it, but then I googled "rifle length gas system" and you can clearly see on a 12" hand guard the FSB is right at the end of the rail uncovered.
That is what I was thinking also. I measured but I was not sure how it mounted and where exactly they were taking their measurement from. Thanks again recon.

RECON762WT
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
You can still get the 13.5" troy rail and make it work, but that is probably one of your only options.

Joeywhat
08-23-2010, 08:14 PM
I googled it to be sure and for whatever reason the few sites I found that mention which gas systems it works with say it covers ALL gas blocks...however 11" should NOT cover a rifle length.

So I don't know what the deal is...either Troy has an interesting way of measuring their tubes or they are incorrect in saying the 11" model will cover the gas block.

musashi
08-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I googled it to be sure and for whatever reason the few sites I found that mention which gas systems it works with say it covers ALL gas blocks...however 11" should NOT cover a rifle length.

So I don't know what the deal is...either Troy has an interesting way of measuring their tubes or they are incorrect in saying the 11" model will cover the gas block.
Google is what had me wondering. I checked bravo company and it said it covered it. This made me think Troy had a proprietary measuring device.