PDA

View Full Version : Kahr PM9 Barrel recall

OneShot
09-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Has anyone who owns a Kahr PM9 received this notice? It was posted on the Glock Talk ---->Kahr Club message boards. I bought one Feb 2003. My serial number is among the recall and I haven't received a notice from Kahr. I have not had any problems whatsoever with mine. I have shot about 800 rds including Federal Hydra-shok, Winchester Personal Protection and Winchester White Box FMJ.
Not sure if I want to send my back or not.

PM9 Barrel Recall Notice

IMPORTANT NOTICE- PLEASE CAREFULLY READ IMMEDIATELY
UPON RECEIPT

Dear Kahr Arms Customer,

Kahr's PM9 is one of our most reliable products for the concealed carry market. Nevertheless, in Kahr's pursuit towards continuous improvement, we are calling for the return of certain PM9 barrels for even greater reliability and safety.

Kahr Arms is asking all Kahr customers to return the barrels only from certain serial numbers of the Kahr PM9 3" barrel Polymer frame 9mm pistols in order to repair or replace barrels that were found to not properly feed some brands of hollow point ammunition, which under certain circumstances may be unsafe to the user.

If you possess a Kahr PM9 3" barrel model within the range of serial numbers noted below, please return the barrel only with a tag indicating the serial number of the gun. Barrels received will be repaired or replaced and shipped back within 7 business days.

Please return the barrel and your name and address to:

Kahr Arms
130 Goddard Memorial Drive
Worcester, MA 01603
Attn: Dorothy Herold

Thank you for cooperating with us in our pursuit of continuous improvement. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this notice, please do not hesitate to contact David Konn, Director of Dealer Development at 561-656-1288.

Sincerely,

Frank Harris
VP, Sales and Marketing

Models involved: PM9093A, PM9093NA, PM9094A, PM9094NA
Serial number ranges: VA0003 -- VA9999, VB0004 -- VB0999

sprink
09-11-2004, 07:17 PM
No I haven't heard anything, but naturally mine starts with VA. :(

Oh well, I did manage to aviod the Glock recall.

Dwarren
09-12-2004, 06:40 PM
I didn't have any problems - but I sent it anyway. One week and it was back in my pistol.

I fired 200 rounds since then - still no problems!

andrew
09-12-2004, 08:26 PM
I have not received a notice yet, but mine falls in the recall range, and will not reliablely chamber the first round of 115 gr Cor Bon. Causes a jam that requires two plus hands to clear.

I will definatly be sending my barrel back, as I like the ballistics of the Cor Bon.

Thanks for the heads up!

smooth
09-13-2004, 11:35 AM
My PM9 is within the recall range and I did have a problem. I can't recall exactly what I was shooting, but I had a hollow point bullet get stuck about 1/3 of the way down the barrel. It was a son of a b**** to get out. I'll be sending mine in.

Dwarren
09-14-2004, 02:09 PM
I also have gold dot. Neither have been a problem. I hope the recall helps you out. Please let us know your results after you send it in.

banjobart
09-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Mine works fine and shoots to the point of aim, I will keep it the way it is.

Smokepole
09-27-2004, 03:07 PM
I have one, sn# VA 19xx, and it works perfectly.

For those of you having trouble, what range are your serial numbers?

smooth
09-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Had a problem - Serial # va17XX

sprink
09-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Sent mine in and had it back one week and a day. Looks like they polished the ramp and opened up the chamber entrance a little. It worked before, so hopefully it still does.

Kurgan
09-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Just mailed my barrel off yesterday. Never shot the gun (just picked it up used) so I can't report on how well or poorly it fed various HP's!