PDA

View Full Version : MUCC State Shoot this past weekend

Autumnlovr
09-13-2004, 06:01 AM
I participated in the MUCC State Shoot this weekend and had a great time. Since it was my first ever competitive shoot, I kept it simple, going with the event that I was most confident in, archery. Well, I came home with the 1st Place plaque for Ladie's Freestyle (fixed sights, with release aid).
This event was a lot of fun however the turnout was kind of small this year. (Actually, the shotgun events are this coming weekend at North Macomb Sportsmans club, if anyone wants to enter...let me know & I'll route you the application/event information.)
Next year, we should get teams together and show what our organization can do! I plan on entering a few other disciplines next year. And, it's going to be hosted at my home-sportsman's club, Detroit Sportsmans Congress. :badass:

mkls0
09-13-2004, 08:26 AM
COOL GOOD JOB :bow:

now you can put ice on the arm :D :D

jmoser
09-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Hi Lauren - glad to hear you had fun at the state shoot. I shot the pistol events - certainly was a lower turnout this year vs. last.

I am a Multi Lakes member and have to say that I am diappointed about the publicity / promotion that this event receives. We get a good showing from various clubs (DSC, Chelsea, etc.) but no reason why a lot more individuals shouldn't be showing up. I think promoting this at the various gun friendly stores (Cabelas, Gander Mtn, Bass Pro, plus all the local independents) would really help. Plus I would like to see a link to the MUCC web site with maps, directions, course of fire descriptions, etc.

1 or 2 months prior to the match it would be nice to see a couple pages in Michigan Outdoors reviewing this as well.

There are events for rifle, blackpowder, cap-n-ball revolver, archery, pistol. Competition classes for Jr, female, senior, and regular, plus 2 man teams as well as individual.

And yes, we did have several ladies on the pistol line.

See you next year -

Fiddler
09-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Congratulations, Lauren! Good job! :thup:

Roger Roney
09-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Congratulations, Lauren! Good job! :thup:Same here.

From the Tomato Capital of Canada, where the road signs this time of year read; "Caution, Road Slippery When Red."

Roger