PDA

View Full Version : HELP ANYONE HERE ON THE WACO GUN BOARD???

FIREWALKER
09-13-2004, 09:06 AM
HELP ANYONE HERE ON THE WACO GUN BOARD???

Just called waco and they are now telling me January for my renewal
I applied 5 months before my expire date and was also told by waco not ot come in any earlier then that. What do i do i expire end of november..
am i screwed??
ken

khicks
09-13-2004, 09:40 AM
gun bord meeting is tuesday at the wayne county comunity collage down town detroit. 9 am. lets see if i under stan your post right. your permit expires nov. you applyed in june and now there telling you that you will not recive your permit untill january?

Tallbear
09-13-2004, 09:51 AM
And Who is it that's saying January?

FIREWALKER
09-13-2004, 10:08 AM
dialed 1-313-224-6262 waco and asked for ccp info and the lady looked it up and told me the info. and if i did not like it that i should go the gun board meet.

Ken P
09-13-2004, 11:32 AM
unless they have gotten severly back logged...mine took 90 days from start to finish, and pretty much everyone I've heard from has been in that time frame.

I suspect the Clerk's office is giving dates way out there so you don't repeatedly call them to check. When I applied for renewal they told me 6 months

FIREWALKER
09-13-2004, 11:55 AM
applied early july, prints to msp july 27th, prints returned to waco sheriff aug 1st. and now i am told by cleark january 2005. what the @#%@!#%

goldwing2000
09-13-2004, 01:00 PM
What about the temporary permit deal that they are supposed to honor?

Tallbear
09-13-2004, 02:01 PM
45 days after print return there can be a temp permit issued. BUT, you must go to the gun board meeting and request it. That would make the Oct. meeting (second Tuesday of the month) the place to be.

FIREWALKER
09-13-2004, 02:02 PM
JUST TALKED WITH WACO SHERIFF AND WAS TOLD AWAITING FED BACKGROUND CHECK AND SHOULD BE ISSUED FIRST OF OCTOBER.
KEN

Barbara
09-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Good deal!

ANIMAL
09-13-2004, 08:34 PM
glad things are working out for you there. I was just notified when I called my clerks office that they are waiting on, get this, my mental health check up. They really don't want anyone up here carrying. both times I have been to the clerks office in Sanilac county I have gotten a bunch of crap from her. she even tried giving the local chief a hard time. he went and got the prosecutor and they held class with her. basically I guess it went something like "you just take the money and paperwork. you do not make laws or add any that you feel should be there" nothing but a small minded putz trying to lord herself over folks.

I for one will demand the temp when my print time has expired if this is not taken care of. And if that don't happen oh well. the gun laws are unconstitutional anyway.

try to get a new county clerk at the same time.

FIREWALKER
09-24-2004, 02:32 PM
well just got the call to come in for my temp lic.
will be picking it up next week. Thing that sucks is i still have to go back in a month to get my real lic.

Jason Demond
09-24-2004, 03:29 PM
I don't understand why some counties make people wait four of five months to get a CCW.

Barry County was running 60 days three years ago, and 46 days now. They actually got faster!

Slatherd
09-24-2004, 04:13 PM
One question.

Is Wayne Co. retarted?

keyjockey
09-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Is Wayne Co. retarded?

Rhetorical question I presume. :?

Slatherd
09-24-2004, 07:02 PM
It was actually more directed at the system. I don't know what it is, but every time someone goes down to get their cpl; they have a different set of rules or a different timeframe.

They need to get on the same page down there. BADLY

BigDaddy40
09-25-2004, 01:52 AM
It was actually more directed at the system. I don't know what it is, but every time someone goes down to get their cpl; they have a different set of rules or a different timeframe.

no, they're not retarded. they're just public servants doing as they please because their master doesn't tell them what to do

Slatherd
09-25-2004, 03:39 AM
Well, I'm glad they make the rules up as they go.

HEY! I know someone else that does that!!!

The Michigan State Police.

Toxie
09-25-2004, 12:15 PM
no, they're not retarded. they're just public servants doing as they please because their master doesn't tell them what to do

FYI, some info for you guys. The Sheriff's dept is going to be laying off 160 deputies and possibly closing the road patrol. Additionally they used to have 6 deps doign the backgrounds and prints. Those poeple are gone and now it is left for the 2 ID techs that the county employs. Not only do they have to do the normal ID tech things (and we patrol highland park now, so alot of serious crimes to ID) they also have to the ALL the CCW printing.

SO. . .they aren't doing as they please because their master isn't telling them what to do- it's entirely the master's fault.

khicks
09-25-2004, 01:10 PM
toxie. thanks for your input. the more info we have the better we under stand the problrm

BigDaddy40
09-25-2004, 06:00 PM

FYI, some info for you guys. The Sheriff's dept is going to be laying off 160 deputies and possibly closing the road patrol. Additionally they used to have 6 deps doign the backgrounds and prints. Those poeple are gone and now it is left for the 2 ID techs that the county employs. Not only do they have to do the normal ID tech things (and we patrol highland park now, so alot of serious crimes to ID) they also have to the ALL the CCW printing.

SO. . .they aren't doing as they please because their master isn't telling them what to do- it's entirely the master's fault.

how is this the people's fault? i can't wait for your explanation of how it's not the fault of the only county in michigan that's never been in compliance with the law.

i guess they really needed things like $6 million to remodel duggan's office and all the other boondoggles with regards to spending the public's money that is currently producing a shortfall.

wayne county's track record speaks for itself

wayne county has plenty of money to run things. they've just been poor stewards of what we give them and have been for decades. since the ccw permits are pretty much self funding and a very small issue in the grand scheme of things there's no logical reason they can't be in compliance just like the other 82 counties in this state.

their masters (us) just haven't forced them to do their jobs with respect to the ccw issue. they've been against it since it's inception and haven't gotten any better. funny how you're the only one i've ever heard actually defending them lol.

wayne is a joke.

Red Sector A
09-25-2004, 09:53 PM

Your damn right!!!

Toxie
09-25-2004, 11:09 PM
their masters (us) just haven't forced them to do their jobs with respect to the ccw issue. they've been against it since it's inception and haven't gotten any better. funny how you're the only one i've ever heard actually defending them lol.

I'm defending the ID techs who actually DO the fingerprinting and trying to help you more accurately diagnose your CCW woes. Sorry for helping you out, next time I'll keep my relavent information to myself.

People like YOU are why people like ME are a rarity in places like this.

And you are right. I will defend the overworked ID techs, who quietly do their job, and try to do it as quickly as possible. Maybe you need to go back and read my post, becuase you obviously didn't read it very well the first time.

Your right though, wayne is a joke. Try working for them sometime. It's amazing how ignorant you sound saying that I would defend the county. If only you knew MY personal history, you would eat your words so fast that you would swallow your lips too.

BigDaddy40
09-26-2004, 12:31 AM

I'm defending the ID techs who actually DO the fingerprinting and trying to help you more accurately diagnose your CCW woes. Sorry for helping you out, next time I'll keep my relavent information to myself.

People like YOU are why people like ME are a rarity in places like this.

And you are right. I will defend the overworked ID techs, who quietly do their job, and try to do it as quickly as possible. Maybe you need to go back and read my post, becuase you obviously didn't read it very well the first time.

Your right though, wayne is a joke. Try working for them sometime. It's amazing how ignorant you sound saying that I would defend the county. If only you knew MY personal history, you would eat your words so fast that you would swallow your lips too.

i'm not complaining about the actual id techs. i'm complaining about wayne county's processing of ccw permits.

i also don't care how many techs there are, it's not my job to worry about it. what does the layoff of 160 cops have to do with fingerprints?

people like me?

i wouldn't work for wayne. you do and it's your choice. deal with it or quit. quitting might just improve your attitude.

my point was that it was the peoples' fault for putting up with wayne co's shenanigans. this will be the case until we all decide enough is enough and put the hammer on them.

how would i know your personal history?

you were defending fellow officers which has nothing to do with my or anyone else's posts on the subject but you posted like everyone needed enlightenment on the issue. since you're big on asking me to reread, i would suggest that you do the same so you'll realize that the issue with wayne isn't about cops, it's always been about the management.

ficano negotiated for other depts to take the prints mainly due to the pressure a few were putting on him. since that pressure stopped, wayne just went on their merry way doing what they've always done. we the people ( the masters) have continually let them get away with it so how can we expect anything to change?

the other depts were willing to take some of the load off wayne and process the prints in the beginning, but aren't now mainly because they know wayne co's mgt is incompetant and why should they shoulder wayne's job for them?

once we all got our permits, the activism stopped for the most part and i said then that the bitching will commence once again when we're all up for renewal. one day, hopefully soon, we'll understand that the way to get things done is to apply constant, agressive pressure. if that doesn't work, then there are other options to enforce our rights which other groups have successfully employed time after time.

we either put up with wayne or get serious.

Toxie
09-26-2004, 11:41 AM
WOW, you didn't go back and read did you?

i'm not complaining about the actual id techs. i'm complaining about wayne county's processing of ccw permits.

And part of that process is the FINGERPRINT process. You weren't eloquent enough to specialize your complaints, you just bleet out general complaints. Nor did you read the buiginnig of this thread did you?

i also don't care how many techs there are, it's not my job to worry about it. what does the layoff of 160 cops have to do with fingerprints?

For not worrying about it you sure seem worked up about it, since it's part of this CCW process you seem SO concerned about. I was trying to help explain WHY there could be delays in PART of the CCW process. Can you actually reason things out or must I explain EVERYTHING to you like a five year old?

people like me?

Thats right, people like YOU. You mistakenly jump all over ME, assuming I'm defending something when I'm just trying to explain a part of the delay to HELP you with your woes. Forgive me for trying to be helpful. With friends like you, who needs enemies?

quitting might just improve your attitude.

Again a sweet reminder that my help in matters like these is just so appreciated. You know what? I'll keep these tidbits to myself now. Your fellow CCW holders can thank YOU for the loss of inside news I would have provided.

my point was that it was the peoples' fault for putting up with wayne co's shenanigans.

At no point did I address YOUR point. I could CARE LESS what your point is. All I did was point out one part of the delay and you had to be your ever-so-thoughful self.

you were defending fellow officers which has nothing to do with my or anyone else's posts on the subject but you posted like everyone needed enlightenment on the issue. since you're big on asking me to reread, i would suggest that you do the same so you'll realize that the issue with wayne isn't about cops, it's always been about the management.

Actually, if YOU go re-read, the issue is why it takes so LONG to get your CCW. It had nothing to do with ANYONE, just the length of the process to which my post is QUITE revelant (had you read it). Not only that, but fingerprints were actually mentioned! Imagine that! Now follow prior instructions, and read the entire THREAD.

Again, before you post- go and read the thread before YOU derailed it. R-E-A-D it. The crow is good this time of year.

BHP
09-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Toxie, I concur with khicks and appreciate the info you have provided. Although I am not located in Wayne County, it is interesting to understand what is occuring throughout the State.

Roger Roney
09-26-2004, 05:45 PM
Toxie, I concur with khicks and appreciate the info you have provided. Although I am not located in Wayne County, it is interesting to understand what is occuring throughout the State.Likewise for me.

And Toxie, please continue to offer your insight whenever you can.

Roger

Toxie
09-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the sentiment. YOU guys are the reason I stay :).

khicks
09-26-2004, 10:52 PM
toxie, i do not aprove of what is happening in waco. a whole lot of missmanagement. but any and all info we can get is helpfull and wanted. this is not to beat up on you. we need to find ways to fix the problems

Toxie
09-27-2004, 12:01 PM
I don't approve either, I'm just explaining the ONE delay so you don't kill those people. You guys need pressure where it will do good, not on a peon who has no control over the sitiuation anyways :)

razzsr
09-27-2004, 08:12 PM
toxie, i do not aprove of what is happening in waco. a whole lot of missmanagement. but any and all info we can get is helpfull and wanted. this is not to beat up on you. we need to find ways to fix the problems

Same here. 8)
Hang-In-There.
Never give up. :wink:

bluethunder
09-28-2004, 08:51 AM

Glad to hear it, Toxie. We need input from all areas of expertease and as a LEO your insight is very valuable. Don't let a couple spoil it for the rest of us.

BigDaddy40
09-28-2004, 10:27 AM

Glad to hear it, Toxie. We need input from all areas of expertease and as a LEO your insight is very valuable. Don't let a couple spoil it for the rest of us.

i'm not trying to spoil anything. i was pointing out that the problems have remained in wayne for the last 3 years and nothing is going on to solve it. i suppose we could sit around posting about each breakdown in the system but what's the point?

i also find it hard to believe that two fingerprint techs can keep up with 24 hours of crime in wayne county but i guess anything's possible.

is this org doing anything or going to do anything about wayne? ever? or is this just going to be a cool place to post about guns?

is there a plan? i certainly don't want to spoil anything for anyone by asking that question, but many are wondering

Ken P
09-28-2004, 08:26 PM
but many are wondering

and of all those folks wondering what are they doing other than wondering?

BigDaddy40
09-29-2004, 02:53 AM
all they can as individuals but that wasn't the question. they're not running the org nor charging membership fees. it's a valid question and one that doesn't deserve the same old response of "what are you doing."

Ken P
09-29-2004, 05:05 AM
all they can as individuals but that wasn't the question. they're not running the org nor charging membership fees. it's a valid question and one that doesn't deserve the same old response of "what are you doing."

it was just a question...no need to get your panties in a bunch..I've been tied up with school and work ...just wondered if anything new was going on.

I'd encourage the wonderers to make suggestion's, I'm sure the leadership would welcome the input and efforts

BigDaddy40
09-29-2004, 06:57 AM
no wadded panties, just tired of that response every time the question is asked.

the wonderers have made suggestions to nothing but silence

makes ya wonder

Ken P
09-29-2004, 07:13 PM
no wadded panties, just tired of that response every time the question is asked.

makes ya wonder

any suggestions that don;t include litigation?

and what suggestions and to whom?

Frankly I'm getting tired of that response to the question

BigDaddy40
09-30-2004, 12:49 AM

makes ya wonder

any suggestions that don;t include litigation?

and what suggestions and to whom?

Frankly I'm getting tired of that response to the question

well, we've tried everything else and the results speak for themselves don't they?

5 guys changed the law in ohio through the court system. we would do well to actually pay attention

meanwhile, my original question, except for one lone response from a member of the ec, stands.