PDA

View Full Version : post-ban mag question

sprink
09-14-2004, 07:10 PM
So, the Ban is over.

What are your thoughts on the magazine part?

Can I now "manufacture" full cap mags for a pistol caliber AR by welding blocks on Uzi mags like Olympic and others used to?

Kouger
09-14-2004, 10:18 PM
from the atf site

U.S. Department of Justice

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,
Firearms and Explosives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Washington, DC 20226

CHANGES IN FEDERAL LAW AS OF SEPTEMBER 13, 2004
RELATING TO
SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS (SAWs)

AND

LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES (LCAFDs)

GENERAL

As of September 13, 2004, the provisions of Public Law 103-322, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, covering semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices are no longer in effect. The regulations implementing these provisions also are no longer in effect.
Specifically, there is no longer a Federal prohibition on the manufacture, transfer, and possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

There are no longer any marking requirements for semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Existing markings on firearms and magazines relating to law enforcement or government use may be disregarded.

(Snip) entire article at
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-factsheet.htm

First paragrah in bold. the way I read it is. if it was legal before its legal now. then again.you should call the local AFT office for verification

( note: this is only my personal opinion and should not be taken for any legal advice.)

bluethunder
09-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Hey, Greg, don't know if this helps but Sportsmans Guide has 40 rounds 9mm AR mags on sale :
www.sportsmansguide.com Item # HX4A-83590
$39 each or 3/ $99. As for t your question, I don't have a clue, but I hope the sale is some consolation.