PDA

View Full Version : EGYPTIAN MADE AK 47

rack attack
08-26-2010, 08:27 PM
This is a friends rifle and was just asking what its worth.I have no idea when it comes to ak's

EGYPTIAN MADE AK 47…RECEIVER IS MISR MADE BY MAADI - IMPORTED BY STEYR ARMS OUT OF VERMONT.

HAVE ADDED DRAGUNOV STOCK AND FOREGRIP, ACCESORY RAIL AND HAVE TWO 30 ROUND DOUBLE STACK MAGS

Thanks in advance.

wombat12
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
In excellent condition AND original furniture, probably $650. As "improved", tuff sell at $400 IMHO.

billbrasky
08-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Does he have the original stock?

Maadis are quite nice, they are factory built, not kit guns, and they are built on all russian tooling, to russian specs, its about as close to a russian ak as you can get.

That being said, once it is no longer original it looses some collector value.

If he has the original stuff, then no biggie, it depends on condition but definately dont sell it for less than $500.

It will sell quickly at $500 so start high and work your way down till he starts getting calls with cash in hand and people showing up.

Who made the drago stock by the way?

gassmann
08-30-2010, 10:52 PM
The misr was a franken ak. Maadi receiver and Chinese Mak 90 parts kit. Still nice guns just not all Egyptian.

billbrasky
08-31-2010, 12:34 AM
The misr was a franken ak. Maadi receiver and Chinese Mak 90 parts kit. Still nice guns just not all Egyptian.

good catch i did not see the MISR part.

You may be right, i am nit sure which ones had chinese parts, but that was true for some, but not all the maadis.

I never owned one so i am not an expert on the good factory ones and or part kits guns.

wombat12
08-31-2010, 08:40 AM
The Steyr imports were pure Egyptian and first rate. The Egyptian/Chinese Fraken AK was a later Century product using a Chinese receiver and Egyptian parts kit IIRC.